They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Project settings

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2019

Project settings

Postby thhult » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:59 am

Hi,
I have a number of different cameras for videos and stills. All in all, everyone creates HD quality
In the camcorder I have the File format XAVC S HD and Frame Rate 50p setting. Same settings in the DSLR camera. The mobile is set to FHD 1920x1080.
When I start a new project which are recommended settings. In Steves book, the first file should set the setting for the entire project. I can't find a setting for XAVC.
Does it matter which file is set first or which one is preferable?

Regards
Thomas
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Project settings

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:28 pm

XAVC is 3840x2160 4K video. So know going in that you're dealing with two very different resolutions.

That said, you may want to force a resolution on your project rather than let the program set it up automatically. I'd select the resolution that represents either a) the majority of the video in your movie or b) the resolution you plan to output.

The XAVC project setting is found by clicking the Settings button on the New Project panel and selecting the QFHD setting whose frame rate matches that of your video. Then check the box on the New Project panel panel that will force these settings, as you show in the book.

Just remember that you're dealing with two very different resolutions, so one or the other is going to be compromised. Either your 4K video will be rezzed down to 1920x1080 if you are editing in HD or the 1920x1080 video will look kind of blurry if you are editing it in 4K.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby thhult » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:01 am

Thanks Steve,

Only one question. No of my cameras are 4K. Output after editing is to create bluray discs. Selecting the QFHD setting in PrE is ok for both videos and stills ?
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:09 am

I misunderstood. When you said your camera shot in XAVC, I assumed you meant 4K. But if your XAVC is only 1920x1080, then you should most definitely use the Full AVCHD project settings. Particularly if you plan to output BluRay discs.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2019