They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Problem with stuttering video PRE 2019

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2019

Problem with stuttering video PRE 2019

Postby SittingElf » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:42 pm

I am having an issue that I just can't seem to find the answer for.

I am making instructional videos using two angles, one shot with an iPhone 7+ using FilMic Pro, and the other with an iPhone 6 using the same app and settings.

When editing in the timeline, using footage from the iPhone 6 with audio captured by the iPhone 7 the video is jittery and stuttering while the audio remains perfectly smooth. It doesn't matter if I use the audio from the 6 either. I have rendered and show green. Doesn't correct it either.

The original video (H.264) footage from the 6 played outside of PRE is perfect and smooth, but becomes jittery when editing in PRE. Help, I've tried many things to try to correct, but I'm stumped...
SittingElf
New User
New User

Re: Problem with stuttering video PRE 2019

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:38 pm

What are the specs of your computer? What operating system are you using with with processor?

Open one of your problem iPhone videos in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy and paste the report it generates to this forum. Once we know more about the specs of the video we'll be better able to advise you.

Most likely your issue is related to the iPhone's tendency to use H.265 codecs and a variable frame rate.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby SittingElf » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:05 pm

It's a late 2015 5k iMac i7 4-core 4 ghz, 32 GB RAM.

I just figured out what the problem was. Even though my settings for FilMic Pro on the Iphone 6 were set for 1080 30FPS, the resulting cuts were actually 29.97FPS. I used handbrake to compress at 30FPS constant frame rate, and PRESTO, matches the other clips from the 7+ and no more stutter when edited and rendered!

Thanks for responding so quick. Loved your YouTube 8-part PRE2019 intro set, and will watch the Lynda-dot-com instructional video you have done there as well! I'm using Elements as a shortcut as I learn P-Pro. (I have the CC subscription). Working towards doing it all on Pro eventually.

Cheers!
SittingElf
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Higher compliments I can't imagine! Thanks, Elf. Welcome to Muvipix.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2019