They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Organizer a memory hog?

Talk about the Elements Organizer (all versions)

Organizer a memory hog?

Postby Red Sanders » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:02 am

I've just moved up to Photoshop Elements 2019 from PSE 14. I had not really used Organizer when using PSE 14, but having read the raves about 2019's version, I decided it was time to start using it. It took almost 2 weeks for Organizer to finish building its Catalog. The media count shows more than 87,000 items in the Catalog.

I continue to work on identifying "UnNamed" people. I'm experiencing crashes to my system if I work in Organizer for a while. The program either closes, locks up, or even worse, locks up my computer. In hopes of reducing or eliminating crashes, I've used Organizer's Catalog Manager to move my Catalog off the C:/ drive to another internal drive (of which there is ample free space) and to Optimize the Catalog. I also ran Ogranizer's Catalog Repair utility. Just grasping for solutions, I also updated the driver for my display adapter.

The only success that I've had is to use Windows Task Manager to monitor the use of memory by Organizer. As I work on work on UnNamed People, Organizer's use of memory slowly climbs. Pausing and hoping that Organizer will release some of the memory seems to have no effect. I've learned from others' posts in Adobe forums that they are experiencing the same problem. They have learned that when Organizer's memory usage climbs up to the 50% to 70% range, it's best to exit Organizer, and then start it again.

I have left the memory allocation to PSE and to Organizer at the default value, which given that I have 16 GB of RAM, I would think is enough.

Anyway, just sharing in case others experience this problem with Organizer, and in hopes that someone has a better solution than I.

Windows 10, Intel Core i7, 5820K CPU @ 3.30 GHz, 16GB RAM, OS on Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB drive.
Red Sanders
New User
New User

Re: Organizer a memory hog?

Postby sidd finch » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Good information thanks for sharing.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Elements Organizer