They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Importing just the most recent photos - how? in Photoshop El

Talk about the Elements Organizer (all versions)

Importing just the most recent photos - how? in Photoshop El

Postby DDW » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Hello All, I am using PSE 18 on a Win 10 machine. I put all my pics into one folder that is on an external HD. If I have pics on an SD card from taking some pictures with my camera - I have been copying them to the above folder on my external HD.

When I import via a batch mode, it RUNS ALL of my pictures in that one big folder that is on my external. My concern is that if I import the pics directly from my SD card into PSE, and then remove the card from my PC so that I can use it again in my camera is that I will have 'missing connection' problems in PSE. Hence my copying pics to my ex HD and then doing a batch import.

The batch import of 100 new pics from the SD card will take SEVERAL hours because PSE will scan/import the WHOLE batch of pics from my external HD. I just want it to connect the new batch that I have copied from my SD card. That should take less 5 minutes.

I must be misunderstanding some basic PSE import concepts here . . . help please. I don't want to have to wait several hours every time I put 100 new pics into PSE. Yet, I do not want a bunch of 'missing connections' problems either. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this problem? Thank you, Dean
DDW
New User
New User

Re: Importing just the most recent photos - how? in Photosho

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:36 pm

I'd recommend copying the pictures over to your drive from the SD card BEFORE you open the Organizer. That way it won't add them to your catalog until they're on your hard drive.

You're right. If you run the Organizer with your SD card plugged into your computer, the Organizer might mistakenly think that your SD card is part of your system.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Elements Organizer