They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Wow! Elements Organizer 2018 (continued)*

Talk about the Elements Organizer (all versions)

Wow! Elements Organizer 2018 (continued)*

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:36 am

*Part one has apparently been lost in cyberspace -- I'll redo it when I have another four hours to spare. It contains the limit of ten (10) images, which is the reason I had to continue it here.

Edit: 2018 0128: I've just finished redoing Part One

Note from the following image that Elements Organizer 2018 allows me to perform lots of actions on the actual MP4 file on my HDD (I've right-clicked on the one in the second row, far left).

Show thumbnails.jpg

Now for another awesome fact: it took Adobe Elements Organizer 2018 only 3-4 hours to begin tracking, in addition to those eleven MP4s, over 165,000 additional files -- many of which I did not know existed on former drive B now drive F!

Question: given that Adobe Elements Organizer 2018 is such an awesome standalone program, should it have its own separate page in the Community Forum that we members can use to share ideas?

If the answer is yes, I can tell you that, after having used up one entire yellow highlighter on each of Steve's PRE and PSE books, there's lots more to be said about this fabulous program.

Edit: 2018 0128: Steve has graciously already created the new "room."

I'll call it "the O Room." :YY:

The current post discusses "only" the O's ability to create a catalog that keeps track of one's thousands of media files. If the user is a very busy user of either PRE or PSE, the O can be tremendously helpful in maximizing efficiency, in terms of finding quickly what one is looking for. Just take a loot at all the methods the O offers for finding media:

Find Menu.jpg

The O is capable of a whole lot more. For example, would you like to be able to add brightness, contrast and sharpness to 1600 photos in about ten minutes, using a slider that you control?

Now that Steve has given us a new "room," we' a space to share ideas re "the O." My next post will likely discuss what can be done with the Find Menu, which I'm aware is difficult to read.

:meet:

P.S. Ron, thanks so much for creating a site that is so easy -- and so much fun -- to post on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Wow! Elements Organizer 2018 (continued)*

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:14 am

We can certainly create an Organizer sub-forum if you'd like, George.

Though it seems to me to be the most divisive of programs. Some people think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread -- others (like me) rarely even open it. So it would be interesting to see if a sub-forum generates much discussion.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:56 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:We can certainly create an Organizer sub-forum if you'd like, George.

Fabulous!

Though it seems to me to be the most divisive of programs. Some people think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread -- others (like me) rarely even open it. So it would be interesting to see if a sub-forum generates much discussion.

As I wrote in Part One before it was lost in space, I did not have the O installed on drives A and B. The reason is that I did not have much time to spend on creations.

The situation nowadays is that a) I've got more time available for both shooting and editing, including of the thousands of files that are already on my HDDs b) I anticipate doing some creating with my newly-acquired Akaso Brave 4 and Mavic Pro.

Yet another reason for my revival in interest is the expanded capabilities of the three new Elements programs, augmented by your three new books.

\:D/
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:49 pm

The amazing Ron strikes again! Welcome to the Organizer sub-forum, George!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:55 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:The amazing Ron strikes again! Welcome to the Organizer sub-forum, George!

I suspected Ron might the culprit. Thank you, sir!

So, now that we have new sub-forum, I feel compelled to expeditiously add a new post to it.

As I've been looking for an excuse to use the cute emoji of the person drinking coffee while watching -- ok, reading -- a newspaper, let's do a post on Watched Folders.

::C
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Elements Organizer