They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Controlling order of photos and video clips in slide shows

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Controlling order of photos and video clips in slide shows

Postby kenskopp » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:35 pm

Hello,

I make up DVDs of photos and video clips. My question is how best can I make up a slide show or instant movie that will keep the photos and clips in the order I want. Generally, I have the photos and video clips in "oldest first" order in the organizer. Thus, I want the photos or video clips in "oldest first" order in the slide show or instant movie. I must say that I really don't like the changes Adobe made in the "Slideshow" options in PRE 2018 and PSE 2018. I like the music and bells and whistle I can have with a Slideshow or Instant Movie. I don't like the fact that either process won't leave the photos or video clips in the "oldest first" order. Does PRE and PSE 2020 offer any solutions to my problem. I await your expert advice.

Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Controlling order of photos and video clips in slide sho

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 pm

First make sure the photos are in the order you want them to be in in the Project Assets panel. If they aren't, you can sort them by selecting one of the options under the Panel Options button in the upper right of the panel.

Then select the pictures in Project Assets, right-click and select the Create Slideshow option.

You won't get a lot of bells and whistles. No pans and zooms. Just your slides on the timeline with a transition between them.

Another option is to select the Video Story options under the Create button in the upper right of the program. Gather and arrange your photos there.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Controlling order of photos and video clips in slide sho

Postby kenskopp » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:25 am

Thanks Steve,

I will try your suggestions.

Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE version 2018