They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Widescreen

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Widescreen

Postby Ric » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:43 pm

When I started putting my video together today it went to the normal screen settings. What I mean by that is I want it to go to the widescreen setting that is what most TV are now. I didn't change anything that I know of but can't figure out how to get it back to the way it was. Does anything have any ideas I must of hit something and I don't want the black sides in the normal version.

Ric
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Widescreen

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:52 pm

I don't know of any way to change the aspect ratio partway through a project, Ric.

Did the video frame itself actually change or does your video just look squeezed?

If you look under the Edit ment, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ric » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:10 pm

Frame size 720 Horizonal 480

It didn't do it in the middle of putting the video together. I did a video a few weeks ago and it was widescreen and when I started this one the media screen in the program looks smaller. Should I change it to another setting?

Ric
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ric » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:17 pm

Can the setting be changed after I started working on the project I'm 10 minutes into it already or do I have to start over?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ric » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:35 pm

How can I change the editing mode? I think that is what got changed. Is there a standard widescreen setting?

Ric
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ric » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:01 pm

I found out what changed it was the AVCHD setting. What setting should it be at to have the widescreen format. One says Full HD 1080i 30 and the other just says 1080i 30is there a difference?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:01 am

What is the resolution and frame rate of the video you're editing? What format is it?

Unfortunately, you can't change a project's settings once you've started editing in Premiere Elements. At least technically you can't.

I have heard of people opening the .prel project file in a program like Notepad and manually changing it -- but that comes with a certain amount of risk, so it's up to you if you want to do that.

Again, I'm not sure how your project settings changed. There's not a way to do this mid-project. So I'm not entirely clear why this happened.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:26 am

you might try to right click on one of your video files and see what the size of the video is just to be sure.

My understanding is that the program will automatically recommend what project size to use regardless of the settings you selected. That way the project attempts to match the resolution of the clips to the project.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to PRE version 2018