They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

No Audio in PRE2018

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

No Audio in PRE2018

Postby kenskopp » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:14 am

Hello Steve,

I am stumped. Last week I made two dvds with no problem. Two days ago I started a new dvd project. I tried on instant movie and no sound was played. I tried making a slide show and no audio when I tried adding music clip from the right side panel. I uninstalled and reinstalled program. This moring I tried again to make new project with no audio. When I picked the project I made last week the audio worked. I run my computer audio through my Onkyo receiver with an HDMI cable. I have no problem with Youtube or other audio programs. Is PRE2018 corrupted or having challenges with Windows 10? Can there be a problem with Adobe Flash Plugin? I cannot get any tutorial to run off the Muvipix website. I have unstalled and reinstalled Flash Player a number of times recently. Have no idea if this is the cayuse why PRE 2018 will not play music.

Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: No Audio in PRE2018

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:16 am

Hi Ken,

Have you checked the audio settings under "Preferences"?

From the main menu click on Edit > Preferences.

There you will see options for; Audio, Audio Hardware and Audio Output Mapping.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:06 pm

I would also suggest opening a prior file and see if you have audio. Also the usual suspects..... are your speakers turned on, Is the computer volume on...etc etc...

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby kenskopp » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi Chuck & Sidd,

I am not sure what happened but everthing works now. I have my audio connected with an HDMI cable from my NVIDIA computer card to my Onkyo receiver. Maybe I did not have the volume turned up enough. It probably was a PICNIC glitch: Problem In Chair Not In Computer. If anyone can provide me guidance on how to configure Adobe Flash Player so I can see and listen to Tutorials on the Muvipix website, I would be very grateful. Wnen I go to access a tutorial, window says I must install flash plug in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player two times.

Thanks Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:02 am

I think the default is to block FLASH. Flash became notoriously known as the entry point for many a security breach. Annoying ads, backdoor malware installation, and data collection have found their ways onto many a PC thanks to the holes in Flash’s security.

If you’re running the most recently updated versions of any browsers, you shouldn’t have to manually install an Adobe Flash update as the browser will do so automatically, and from the proper source directly from Adobe. So if you’re being randomly prompted to download and install one, it’s an ad hocking a fake version of Adobe and likely carrying some form of malicious software.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Check your specific browser documentation to learn how to enable the Adobe Flash player in that browser. Some browsers do give that specific message (Chrome does, for instance). So, it may be legitimate. But, you still need to enable the player.

Keep in mind that Adobe is ending support for the Flash player December, 2020.

FYI, Adobe Flash Player is not the same as Adobe Flash Professional which is an animation creation application. To Avoid confusion, Adobe renamed that application to Adobe Animate in 2015/16 and it is part of the Creative Cloud.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:25 am

it will probably be easiest, in my opinion, if you use Chrome. Enabling Flash is pretty easy.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2018