They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Wide Screen

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Wide Screen

Postby Ric » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Not sure if this is a easy fix or not. I made 2 - 20 minutes videos the first one burned to a wide screen format and when you view it on the TV it fill the screen. The second one I did make any changes that I knew if but after burned the DVD and watching it on the same TV it has black on both the left and right of the TV screen. I'm not sure what you call that but can it be changed to wide screen with the video and music already on the storyboard? Any input would be great just don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Ric
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Wide Screen

Postby Ric » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Anybody got any idea on what when wrong or how the screen size changed from 1 video to the next. Don't remember changing anything in the setting that would make it do that. I don't want to start all over fron scratch on teh video. Just wondering if there was a fix I know I will have to resize a few things but didn't want to start building the video all over. Any help would be great.
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi Ric,

Is the video included in the project all from the same source and the same format? Is this Standard Definition video? 4:3 (square) or 16:9 (Widesceen)?

There used to be a setting you could change for 4:3 and 16:9 but that does not exist in the more current releases, it is all based on the project settings.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ric » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:37 pm

I never changed anything.
I clicked on the Premier program the first thing I do is save it to a different name and then I start building it. The first one I build filled the TV screen I deleted that program and then build another one for a different sport didn't really notice the screen on my computer was smaller. The one thing I noticed was I used some of the same backgrounds and I didn't have to resize to make them fix the screen. Really didn't think much more about it the I burned it to a DVD and watched it on my TV the same TV as before and it is smaller just has some black on the left and right of the screen,

Just was wondering if there is a easy fix without having to start all over, I have the second video still on my computer in the storyboard. Any ideas?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Did the video from both projects come from the same source. Premier Elements sets the project up based on the first video clip or image you add to your project. Do you know what the project settings are for both of those projects? If you know the project settings you want to use you can always set that up you create a new project. I just sounds like you used widescreen clips on the first project and standard definition on the second project. Hard to tell without seeing all of the original source clips and which clips were added to the project first.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2018