They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Error Message Re Music

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Error Message Re Music

Postby Plenihan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Windows 10
Running APE 2018. Trying to open programs I edited in APE 2018. They worked fine before but now I get the following error message:

Error Message: Score “Afternoon Sun” is missing
Afternoon Sun did no download completely. Editing and playback of score will not work correctly. Please download it from Music Panel and reopen project.

Then the program dies. How do I download the music if I can't get into the program.

I ran this show many times and made a master for broadcast, what happened? How do I get the music into the program again.

Thank you.

Cheers! Phil
Plenihan
New User
New User

Re: Error Message Re Music

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Phil that sounds like a tricky one.

I would suggest keeping the application closed and then move the music file to a different directory on your computer. This should break the link to PE. Then try and open PE. Since the file link is not found the program should say file not found. Click on ignore and your program should now open with out the sound file. Once you have established that is is just that file you can then close the program and see what is going on with the music file. Hopefully the music file is not corrupted.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Error Message Re Music

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:38 pm

The other option is to uninstall and reinstall the program. Which is probably the best solution.

Although, you could also try going to C//ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/16.0/Online/Music Score/All_Lang/Rock-Pop and deleting (or, better, renaming) the Afternoon Sun folder. (You'll need to check the option to view All Files under the Windows Explorer View menu in order to see these directories.) It's worth a try.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2018