They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Making a smooth transition to PSE18

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Making a smooth transition to PSE18

Postby DDW » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Hello All,

I purchased a DVD of Photoshop Elements 2018. The trial edition of PSE 18 is still on my PC. As is PSE15. I am wondering what happens to my old catalogs during this new install.

When I am downloading the new PSE 2018 will there be a part during the installation process that states something like, "Do you have any old catalogs that you want to import?"

I have read on this forum about using a tool that Adobe has to UNINSTALL my previous versions of PSE. Is that tool available to me (a non-cloud user)?

What are some of the common mistakes that get made during this type of procedure? I want to proactively ask now.

Here is what I assume would be an adequate install:
1. Update and optimize any catalogs that I want to keep (one's that I want for my new PSE 18).
2. Uninstall all previous versions of PSE using the Adobe tool mentioned above .
3. Install my new PSE 2018 via the disk that I bought.
4. During the install it will ask me if I have any catalogs that I want to import into the new PSE 18. (I'm guessing here)
5. I tell it yes.
6. I navigate to that spot and do the importing of previous catalogs that I want to keep.
7. Let the install finish and then all is well. (I hope!)

Thank you,

Dean

PS: And a BIG thank you to the gentlemen behind the scenes who worked hard to get me able to use the boards! Much appreciated!
DDW
New User
New User

Re: Making a smooth transition to PSE18

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:18 pm

If you've got the free trial installed on your computer, there's no need to uninstall or reinstall anything.

Just use the activation code that came with your boxed program to activate the software.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2018