They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Effect

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Effect

Postby Little Nac » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 am

Hi Guys. I am doing a project in PE 18 for a friend. It is of his trip and cruise to England. The Project is in 1920x1080 which is all of his video. He has a special section he wants inserted at the end, but unfortunately it has a black line top and bottom. What I want to do, is put a motion loop of the British Flag behind it, but all I want is for it to fill the black lines. Is that possible? Thanks in advance. L.N. :ha:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Effect

Postby Bob » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:03 am

Yes.

Place your flag animation on video track 1 and your footage with the black letterboxing on video track 2. If the black bars were due to transparency, the flag will show through. If the black bars are baked into the image, apply the crop effect to your letterboxed footage and adjust the top and bottom to crop off the solid black bars. This will create transparency and the flag will show through.
Bob

Re: Effect

Postby Little Nac » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Bob. My apologies for not replying sooner, but yesterday I had a Doctor's appointment, and one thing led to another. Anyway, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I don't know what I was thinking, as now it is gradually coming back to me. Thanks a lot once again. L.N. :YY:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE version 2018