They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Export

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Export

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:54 am

Hi Guys,
This is a question on behalf of my hubby, he has just finished Part One of a movie he is doing for a friend on his europe trip,
Basically all that is on this part is MTS files straight from the camera at 1920 x 1080 - 25 frames. Transistions - opening
and closing stuff. PE 18 handled everything fine, around 55 mins. He has gone to export and share MP4 to the HD then a USB
for me to take and do up a menu in DVD Architect. It says it is going to take about 10 hours, is that correct.
Any help greatly appreciated. Bubby and Little Nac
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Export

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:26 am

Depends on a lot of factors.

If you look under Premiere Elements' Edit menu, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings? The more closely these settings match the specs of your video, the more efficient the program will perform.

How many adjustments and effects have you added? The more you add, the longer it takes to process the video.

There are also factors like the speed of your processor, of course, to consider.\

Professionals normally don't work on projects that long as one continuous edit. I usually work on my movies in 10-minute segments, output each segment and then combine the finished pieces into a final mix of my project.

So I've never experienced a transcoding time like 10 hours -- but I suppose if there are enough effects, adjustments, etc., at work, it could take a while. Have you let it run overnight to see if it churns out a good output?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi Steve.
Thank you for your reply. It was my bad. When I had finished the "movie" in PE18, somehow it cut off about five minutes of the show and stuck it at the end of the video track, which then made the actual time, instead of 50 minutes, about 2 hours. There was a great gap in the timeline. Teach me to look more carefully. Anyway, thanks again Steve.
Cheers, L.N. ](*,)
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Glad you found the solution, Nac!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2018