They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Instability of Workspace in PRE 2018

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Instability of Workspace in PRE 2018

Postby JerryV » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:26 pm

I have been using various versions PRE over a period of years (as well as Photoshop). I recently moved from a PC to an iMac and traded up to the PRE 2018 version for this. I am currently starting with MP4s made from old (1970s and 80s) super-8 films of my kids growing up. The only real problem has been an occasional instability of the entire workspace, which involves its moving around a bit on my monitor and shrinking and growing. When this happens and I try to move the current time indicator, what happens instead is that the entire workspace moves as a unit. I am very good about regular rendering and saving. Generally, my only solution is to save, shut down PRE and start up again (sometimes I even shut down my computer and start it up again before going back to PRE 2018. Could this be peculiar to Macs? I bought (and have read) virtually every word in Steve's "Multiplex Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 2018" and I think I recall reading something about instability of the system that could be solved by right-clicking on something. I tried looking through the book but I can't seem to relocate this advice. Any suggestions??
JerryV
New User
New User

Re: Instability of Workspace in PRE 2018

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:37 pm

There are a number of issues that are common to Mac's using post-Sierra operating systems. Ironically my Mac won't upgrade past El Capitan but it runs the program problem free.

So Adobe blames Apple and Apple blames Adobe. Neither argument helps you much.

Are you able to edit these same videos on your machine using earlier versions of Premiere Elements?

If so, it might be worth contacting the vendor you bought version 2018 from (assuming it was within the last 30 days) and asking if they'll give you a refund.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2018