They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

photo album opening

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

photo album opening

Postby bobfranz » Mon May 14, 2018 6:48 pm

I've seen tutorials on how to show a photo album opening but can't find one for PRE. I have my album cover and album open to two pages, nothing else at this point.
bobfranz

Re: photo album opening

Postby sidd finch » Mon May 14, 2018 6:54 pm

I think there is a tutorial in the download section of this site.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 pm

Chuck did a series on this effect several years ago. It may have been among those we retired because they referenced obsolete versions of the program.

I haven't been able to find them, so that could well be the case.

Maybe we can talk Chuck into doing an update. What do you say, Chuck?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bobfranz » Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 pm

That would be great! It was probably Chuck's that Used years ago. So far I haven't found anything on Youtube that helps.
bobfranz

Postby Peru » Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 am

Steve,

Is there a tutorial in one of your books?
If not, that might be a good topic for the next book.
Peru

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue May 15, 2018 10:00 am

These days I create the album opening in ProShow Producer and then export that so I can import into Premiere Elements. The time it takes to create the album opening in Premiere Elements is more than it is worth. Let me see what I can find regarding new tools that might make this easier. If there is an option to create it simply and easily in another program that isn't expensive, and use that in Premiere Elements, it might be the best way.

There may also be other recommendations here from other members who have successfully accomplished this in Premiere Elements or another program.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue May 15, 2018 10:24 am

Some cool things you can do with ProShow, and they are easy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4B_RaTW3Vg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxFuwVApTIY&t=331s

https://vimeo.com/153008776

Just some examples of what you can do with little effort in that program. ProShow has gotten so much better over the years.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bobfranz » Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 pm

ProShow looks cool. I prefer staying with PRE 2018 and Premiere PhotoShop. I have used Elements for years for my 3-4 videos per year, PhotoShop Elements I have decided finally to learn more completely. I'm not sure I'll add learning another editing tool for now. I'll just use the delivered transitions and what I can find on Muvipix for my current project, which is for my mom's 100th birthday in July. It's a bit more ambitious than my normal home video or ski club video project, ergo my presence here to look for/check things out.
bobfranz

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue May 15, 2018 4:03 pm

I have to put in a plug for ProShow too!

Don't let brand loyalty cost you an opportunity. You can do easy and great looking slideshows in ProShow and then output them as movies and finish them in Premiere Elements if you'd like.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Bob,

Doing a page turn (album opening) in Premiere Elements can be easy or difficult depending on what you are trying to do. It sounds like you want to do a fairly basic one where the closed album opens to show both left and right pages at the same time centered in the frame. If so, this should be relatively straight forward to do in Premiere Elements.

Let's start by you telling us more about what you want to do. Also, would it be possible for you to post a copy of the album cover and open album images that you will be using so we can see whether there are any issues that will need to be addressed?

You may also want to read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=13345&start=15#p113168
Bob

Postby bobfranz » Tue May 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Thanks, Bob. Your description is exactly what I want to do. The two photos are attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobfranz

Postby Bob » Tue May 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Thanks, Bob. I think we can work with that. I'll take a better look tonight to see if there are any geometric issues. Did you only want to make the cover turn, or are there any other pages that will turn?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Postby Bob » Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 pm

OK, I took a closer look and adjustments do need to be made to get everything to line up and fit properly for a good looking page turn. Nothing fancy, it all can be done with the standard tools in Photoshop Elements. Do you have Photoshop Elements or Photoshop? I don't have time to work on it tonight, hopefully tomorrow. Then I'll let you know what needs to be done.
Bob

Postby bobfranz » Wed May 16, 2018 12:27 am

I only want the cover to turn and have an open album to the two pages in the photo. I have PhotoShop Elements. (and Premiere Elements) No Rush.
bobfranz

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 am

When I make an opening book video (which I haven't done recently so the following is from old memory) I start with three images on transparent backgrounds - the front cover of the "album", the RH page and the LH page. You can adjust the relative sizes in PrEl using the Motion Video Effect (scale, position etc.) so that they line up correctly.

Now the tricky part - the explanation/description... 8-[

Place the front cover on track 2, RH page on track 1, LH page on track 2.

Then from Video Effects select Perspective>Basic 3D. Then it is a matter of applying and adjusting the Basic 3D effect controls on each individual page. Using keyframes to control the Basic 3D effect creates the impression of pages turning.

Make sure that the front cover on track 2 completely covers the RH page (which should be on the RH side of the frame).

Use the Basic 3D controls to rotate the front cover along its left hand edge. As it rotates it will expose the RH page which is on track 1 below.

When the front cover is vertical in relation to the frame then start the Basic 3D effect on the LH page (which should be on the LH side of the frame).

As the LH page rotates it will give the impression of an opening book and at the end of the rotation you should have the LH and RH pages both showing as an opened book.

It sounds a bit complicated I know but by playing around with the Basic 3D effect you should see what I have tried to describe (I hope). :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Next

Return to PRE version 2018