They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Mavic Air 2s HLG

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Mavic Air 2s HLG

Postby RonS.522 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:36 pm

I am having trouble getting an HLG clip into my media panel on Elements 2021. It gives me an error about configuring system for HEVC or HEIF media. After following the link to Adobe I have confirmed I have both available on my system. I am able to load D-Log into the media panel.
Thanks for any help or ideas.
RonS.522
New User
New User

Re: Mavic Air 2s HLG

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:30 pm

This seems to be a question about Premiere Elements 2021. Is that right?

If so, what is the resolution and frame rate of your video? If you don't know it, we can show you how to get the specs.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RonS.522 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:24 pm

The file is 4K and 30fps. It is a 10bit color profile in H.265.
RonS.522
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:14 am

I don't work with that particular footage, but that should work. Maybe someone else can chime in with his or her thoughts or experience.

If you can share the file in a public Dropbox we could also try it on our machines and see if it works for us.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:52 am

Your computer might not be able to play the HEVC H.265 extensions. You might need to purchase these from Microsoft for .99

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc- ... etab=pivot

Play High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) videos in any video app on your Windows 10 device. These extensions are designed to take advantage of hardware capabilities on some newer devices— including those with an Intel 7th Generation Core processor and newer GPU to support 4K and Ultra HD content. For devices that don’t have hardware support for HEVC videos, software support is provided, but the playback experience might vary based on the video resolution and PC performance. These extensions also let you encode HEVC content on devices that don’t have a hardware-based video encoder.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby RonS.522 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:21 am

Thanks Sidd and Steve
Yes I did that from the Adobe help screen through a Microsoft link. That has not seemed to help. My media player will play the file, but Elements 2021 will not import it. The drone is a recent upgrade for me. I did one flight shooting some footage in the Normal, HLG and D-Log, the latter two being 10 bit files H.265. These supposedly offer more dynamic range, but require more in post to see the results.
Since my original post I've spent considerable time with Adobe support. They were very knowledgeable about potential issues. We confirmed the necessary file extension HEIF and HEVC are on my computer and my system is adequate to handle the files. I did update my Nvidia driver as a result, however none of the suggestions or input helped. They also as a last input suggested Handbrake, a third party software as an option. I did download Handbrake and run the file through it which worked. But I am not familiar with it enough to determine if I have reduced the quality of the footage, which defeats the purpose. I've decided to shoot more footage when I can and try again.
Here is the file in question.

https://vimeo.com/580329847
RonS.522
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:21 pm

The Vimeo link won't be of much help to us since Vimeo, like YouTube, re-encode your uploads.

We will need the original file in order to investigate at our end. You can share it to us via Dropbox or possibly a site like https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Drones - Photo/Video