They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Architecture by Air - Los Gatos High School

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Architecture by Air - Los Gatos High School

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Now that things are starting to open up again it is nice to get out and about. So for todays Architecture by Air I bring you Los Gatos High School. The Neoclassical main building was dedicated on January 17, 1925; and was designed by W. H. Weeks, a famous architect of schools in California.

In addition the school also has some very famous alumni among the more notable alumni are:

Mark Bingham and Todd Beamer, passengers of United Airlines Flight 93 on 9/11 believed to have stormed cockpit after hijacking
Kari Byron, best known for her appearances on Discovery Channel show MythBusters
Joan Fontaine, Academy Award-winning actress.
Olivia de Havilland, two-time Academy Award-winning actress who played Melanie Hamilton in Gone with the Wind

Hope you enjoy.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Architecture by Air - Los Gatos High School

Postby ed » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:42 pm

I always appreciate how smooth your drone video is Sidd.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:51 pm

Thanks Ed, It has been a while since I flew it last so I am a bit rusty.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:05 pm

You sure do have some interesting architecture in your area. Very nice looking building. I love the way you use the drone to create the equivalent of pan and zoom - very smooth. That dog didn't seem to be bothered by the drone at all! :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:18 pm

You sure do have some interesting architecture in your area. Very nice looking building

Thanks Dave I am a huge fan of these really old buildings. The Architect was pretty prolific and designed almost 40 different schools. From the early 1900's up to 1938. And they are all over Northern California.

Funny about the pan and zoom. I was trying to work on my curved pan but there were people walking around so I was not able to give it a try. I don't use the automated flight patterns as I am afraid I am gonna hit something. I kept looking over at the dogs owner who was riding his bike and he did not seem bothered either.

Glad you liked it.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:33 pm

I thought I would do a re-edit and include some additional footage that makes it just a tad more interesting.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video