They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Shake Reduction question

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Shake Reduction question

Postby klamar » Sat May 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi all. I am new to your world however rapidly getting deep in the woods. This all started when I bought my first drone from DJI which is the new FPV. Once I realized that I am recording 60 frames per second in 4K HD I needed to figure out what to do with it. After an hour of online searching, it became clear Adobe Premier Elements 2021 was the best for a newbie. I love it and produced two documentaries one I got paid $5,000 for a 15-minute production all thanks to Steve. You are amazing. My current issue is with the shake reduction. It does not seem to work well. Can anyone please help me?
klamar
New User
New User

Re: Shake Reduction question

Postby sidd finch » Sat May 15, 2021 5:25 pm

To get questions answered it is best to start a new thread instead.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 16, 2021 8:08 am

Welcome to Muvipix, Klamar!

You don't say how you're using he shake reduction, but remember that the effect isn't magic. It can't magically make shaky video look great.

The effect works by locking on to a central object and then moving the video around the frame to keep it in position. In my LinkedIn course, I demonstrated it by using it on footage shot out the windshield of a car driving down the highway. If you just applied it to 15 minutes of drone footage, it's probably not going to work nearly as well.

Can you link us to say a Youtube example of the video you're trying to de-shake? We may better be able to help you when we know what you're dealing with.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby klamar » Sun May 16, 2021 11:22 am

Hi Steve. I found a youtube video that showed how to do it. Turns out you need to export the clip and then re-add the media of that clip then quick reduction works amazingly on the entire clip of 5 minutes. Perfect. Just an FYI I am a mental health counselor that has found patients are processing trauma better when they know it is being recorded with the hopes it will shed light on how horrible people with the disease of addiction are treated. Here is the first 54 seconds that is all possible thanks to you and your amazing ability to teach video editing to beginners. https://youtu.be/JzmrPbGhPpE
klamar
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 16, 2021 7:01 pm

We have such an interesting variety of people in our Muvipix community! Great to have you aboard!

And glad you found a solution to your issue. We're here to help if you get stuck again!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Drones - Photo/Video