They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Redgate Park - New Drone Place?

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Redgate Park - New Drone Place?

Postby ed » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:21 pm

I went out for an extended lunch and took my camera and drone to the newish Redgate Park. It used to be a golf course I've played probably a hundred times because it was 15 minutes from the office. They had a great twilight deal after 4:00 PM in the summer. Now it's a place to picnic, ride bikes, and enjoy nature.

This looks like a nice open place near the house I can fly the drone. I didn't see any regulations forbidding it, and no one accosted me.

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Redgate Park - New Drone Place?

Postby momoffduty » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:43 pm

Looks like a lovely area to hike. I'm glad the old golf course was turned into green space.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ed » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:03 am

Hopefully it stays a greenway mom. There has been efforts to sell to developers, but the residents of the city objected. About half the course is wetlands, which I would think would be very costly to develop even if you got approval. It is a nice place to take a nature walk now.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:21 am

I like the video Ed. Lets hope that they keep the place as it is one it is gone its gone.

Looks like you are having some great fun flying the drone and that the little girl does not show up and ask for a fly around. lol

What kind of flight time do you get on the battery?

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:36 am

I got two batteries with the drone, each lasts about 15 minutes. They take a long time to charge though.

My young friend was not at the park Sidd. I did make a fly by video of two of the least liked holes on the course, according to me and my golf buddies. I can't post it because I call out people by name for terrible shots I remember they made with badges and text, including my boss. Good thing she has a sense of humor :)
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:47 pm

I can't post it because I call out people by name for terrible shots I remember they made with badges and text, including my boss. Good thing she has a sense of humor

:hyst:

But still a good record of the events... lol

I ended up getting a 3rd battery for my ANAFI which gives me plenty of flying time. The extra Holy Stone HS 510 batteries are only about $30-35 so not too expensive to get more.

Sidd

Submit
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video