They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Boyds Maryland

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Re: Boyds Maryland

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:05 am

Enjoyed that John. It would be worth updating to HD. You've a great voice for narration, too!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:22 am

John that was good I enjoyed it. Having you narrate gives it that extra touch. I think if I had the opportunity to live in Sicily all I would do would be making videos. Not sure if you caught it but CNN has a recent program called "Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy" it is about the local food. One of the episodes is filmed in Sicily if you get a chance to check it out. Was your video recorded on your smartphone or you Sony?

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:46 pm

Thank you all for your kind comments.
sidd finch wrote:Was your video recorded on your smartphone or you Sony?

The video was recorded on my Sony but there is one video on Vimeo that I captured using my Samsung S4. The videos on Vimeo are all "souvenir snippets" that I put on DVD for my friends to take away with them as memories of the places that they visited whilst staying with me.

These days my venerable, tape based Sony is never used.t has been replaced with my much easier/lighter to carry and always with me S20 smartphone for recording at 4K.

As with all of my videos, the only time that I ever used a tripod was for weddings. All others are hand held with stabilisation, if necessary, applied in AE or PPro.

But age is catching up on me and my hands are a little less steady that before. That may be down to enjoying too much "uisge beatha" :drunken: so I may yet have to invest in a gimbal and the recent discussion toward the end of this thread has been very helpful:-
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16576
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:47 am

But age is catching up on me and my hands are a little less steady that before. That may be down to enjoying too much "uisge beatha" :drunken:

Except when you lived in Sicily and had to call it 'aqua vitae'. But regardless of language it has the same effect. Not to sound like a gimbal shill but I swear by using a 3 axis gimbal. It makes everything so buttery smooth. And when I attach to a small monopod I can get some really interesting shots that adds a bit of diversity to my videos. And the price is coming down so you can get a quality gimbal for less that $100 USD.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:03 am

sidd finch wrote:Except when you lived in Sicily and had to call it 'aqua vitae'.

Or Grappa. Or home made lemoncello for which one could buy 96% proof alcohol in the supermarket and make one's own.

My good friend Patrizia made some and we all enjoyed it straight from the freezer. It was very tasty and, of course, what we hadn't realised was that the formation of ice in the bottle had - yes, you've guessed it - acted as a freeze distillation process.

Don't know how strong it ened up but I barely remember that night...wonder why! :drunken:

PS Sorry, OP, about the thread hijack. :hj:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby ed » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:08 pm

You made the thread better!
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:39 pm

So I went back to the church last Saturday while I was out and about. I did the Movavi stabilization at the 80% non-advanced setting and slowed the video down 50% on this clip. I think the slow motion helps.

Ed I was doing a bit of research and thought I might share an idea to mitigate the stability issue of your drone camera that your are having. I have started to see folks mounting the new Insta360 Go 2 on their drones. When set to FPV mode, the camera can shoot 120 degrees and uses flow state stabilization which eliminates the need for a gimbal drone. The 120 degree also allows you to frame the video to get the perfect angle. It records for approx 5 minutes of video. So yes there is the additional cost of the camera, but you can also use the camera as a super small action camera too.

On an fpv drone:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ed » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:33 am

That is cool Sidd. I’d have to talk misses Ed into it. She has been good about my film addiction though.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:21 pm

I understand that loud and clear. I am in the same boat too.

It just dawned on me at what a good solution it is for flying and because it can be used on so many things it is more that a one trick pony. I have been interested in the FPV drones but they are so darn expensive. Then I saw these little micro drones that they mount the Insta360 go 2 and it makes for a decent solution.

Sidd
sidd finch

Previous

Return to Drones - Photo/Video