They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Holy Stone HS210 Toy Drone

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Holy Stone HS210 Toy Drone

Postby ed » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:42 pm

I ordered this to practice controlling a drone inside the house, it showed up yesterday morning. It's the same brand as my drone, so I thought it would be a similar experience. It's fun to chase my dog around with it, and it's pretty responsive. I took it outside yesterday when the grandson was over to visit and it did OK, but there was no wind and I turned the motor up as far as it would go. It's sturdy; he crashed it multiple times (takes after me I guess :-D ).

IMG_0338.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Holy Stone HS210 Toy Drone

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 pm

That's amazing for $30. Wish we had toys like that when I was a kid.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:28 pm

$30 is really a great price point for such a cool little drone. Now lets be careful of not destroying anything inside. lol

I did see a couple of videos the guys purchase their own propellers and cut them as close to the tubes as possible. They say it gives the drone more lift. Now how do we get a camera on that thing...

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby GerryB » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:36 am

Silly question, maybe!
2 red propellors
2 black propellors

Are the red on the left as the drone flies forward?

Maritime and aircraft lights
Red = Port = left
Green = Starboard = right
Relative to bow of ship or nose of aircraft.

Are drone manufacturers trying to change the world order?

Back to lockdown.
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ed » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:06 am

The red propellers are the on the front, as is the green light. Red light is obviously on the back.

It's fun. The controller works the same way as my outdoor drone, so I'm practicing smooth movements with the joy sticks to hopefully improve my drone videos. I have some cool places planned for the spring to take video. Unfortunately I'm about a mile outside the Washington DC drone exclusion zone, so a lot of places I would like to go are off limits.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:14 am

Silly question, maybe!
2 red propellors
2 black propellors

The colors are so you visually orient the drone while flying. This is especially helpful when the drone is facing you and flying towards you, the controllers need to be operated in reverse (left is right and right is left). This is also why the led is on the front so you know what is front and what is aft.

Ed indoor practice sounds like a great way to practice. I know when I have not flown for extended periods I feel rusty when I am flying again. But regardless of how much I fly I always feel like I am just a turn away from a crash.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video