They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Bloom

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Bloom

Postby sidd finch » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:56 pm

For valentines day we decided to take a drive to the ocean but noticed that the hills are having a giant bloom of Bermuda Buttercup making everything yellow. It was a pretty cool to see. When we stopped we were the only people in the field. By the time I got my drone out and up in the air the herds started coming in. Everyone wanted a selfie in the field for Valentines day. But it was just so pretty I can understand why. Also it has been a while since I have been able to get out and fly so for me quite nice.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Bloom

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:17 am

I sure envy you that beautiful California scenery, Sidd!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ed » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 am

That's really beautiful. I'm always amazed out how smooth your drone video is Sidd.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:42 pm

Thank you Steve, there really is a whole lot of variety to see in this area. You can go from the mountains to the ocean to the desert to the forest all in a days drive.

That's really beautiful. I'm always amazed out how smooth your drone video is Sidd.

Thanks Ed it was amazing to see how far the bloom covered the hills. You could drive a few miles and the bloom was all around. One of the methods I try to do when flying is set up a start and stop location in my head then fly that straight line or curve as it happens. I try to not do any camera adjustments or movements that distract and edit out the places where I am setting up the next shot. The gimbal is also a huge help to keep it smooth.

When I was trying to record the bloom I thought there was an issue with the drone because the camera made everything look crooked. Took a while to realize I was on a hill and that was causing the distortion I was seeing.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Wow, that’s really something Sidd. Good subject for drone footage. My wife was a little disappointed that there were no closeups, tho. Nice weather, too. We’re supposed to get 8 to 12 inches of snow tonight .
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Beautiful filming Sidd. Is this natural growing? We have huge sunflower fields planted by the dept of conservation.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:52 am

My wife was a little disappointed that there were no closeups

Thanks Dave. I was trying to get in quickly as more and more people kept showing up. I did not want to impose on their fun too so I was a bit rushed in terms of recording. In terms of weather it looks like you guys are living in the Tundra these days.

Beautiful filming Sidd. Is this natural growing?

Thanks Mom. Yes this is all a natural bloom and the plant is considered a common weed in California. But it does look pretty cool.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:00 am

So this is pretty weird. The local news also reported on the flower bloom. But what is odd is that of all the miles of fields they happen to be in the same field at the same time I was for this report...... Another case of being "almost famous" \:D/

At :27 in was the exact same place I was standing.... trippy. And yes Dave there is a closeup for the Missus.

https://abc7news.com/flower-bloom-santa ... /10348986/

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:13 am

sidd finch wrote:At :27 in was the exact same place I was standing.... trippy. And yes Dave there is a closeup for the Missus.

Cool! I'll have her check it out. :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:28 pm

Dave there is so much of this plant around. We have bunches in the back yard so I made a quick supplemental to the prior video. And yes with closeups too...

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ed » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:14 pm

After just spending two hours scraping three inches of ice off of my drive way I'm very jealous of you right now Sidd. I've been trying to talk my wife into moving to the gulf coast, but she want's to move to Vermont :-8

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:56 am

I'm very jealous of you right now Sidd. I've been trying to talk my wife into moving to the gulf coast

Ed I think it might be a case of "pick your poison" Yes great weather lots to see but housing is astronomical and you need to be able to enjoy a good forest fire or three each year. :ha:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:56 pm

sidd finch wrote:So this is pretty weird. The local news also reported on the flower bloom. But what is odd is that of all the miles of fields they happen to be in the same field at the same time I was for this report...... Another case of being "almost famous" \:D/

At :27 in was the exact same place I was standing.... trippy. And yes Dave there is a closeup for the Missus.

https://abc7news.com/flower-bloom-santa ... /10348986/

Sidd

I looked and looked at the :27 mark and no green man :YY:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:52 pm

I looked and looked at the :27 mark and no green man

I was hiding under the flower blooms....

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:16 pm

sidd finch wrote:
I looked and looked at the :27 mark and no green man

I was hiding under the flower blooms....

Sidd

Ahhhh the blooms are much taller than you :hyst:
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Next

Return to Drones - Photo/Video