They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Calero Reservoir

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Calero Reservoir

Postby sidd finch » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:20 pm

Well we have finally had some decent weather. Not to many fires in the area and the smoke has cleared. I thought I would check out Calero Reservoir which was formed by the Calero Dam built in 1935. More than anything it was a nice chance to get out on an Autumn morning and enjoy nature.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Calero Reservoir

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:36 pm

More truly beautiful work, Sidd. And I sure envy you that amazing scenery!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:48 am

Thanks Steve. I had originally planned to check out a different reservoir but it was closed because of Covid. Calero was just stunningly beautiful and feels like you are in a completely different country. For me personally it was a bit scary as I took a chance on flying out over the water. Something that is a bit beyond my comfort area. It was also really hard to record the ducks as they appear really small from the air.

Well Milwaukee has such cool historic areas that I think there would be a lot of interesting things to record there.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:11 pm

Definitely. But weather is definitely a bit of an issue this time of year. Water and wind, the two enemies of any drone, are pretty common.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:12 am

Isn't that the truth.... lol. The best laid plans are always broadsided by Mother Nature....

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Just finally got a chance to see this. Sometimes I read the forums on my phone and can’t watch the videos from the Tapatalk app. Wow that was so peaceful. And the drone moves were nice and smooth. I’m surprised the ducks weren’t more disturbed by the drone’s noise. Silly question, but were all of those ducks real? Nice semi- circular pan move there towards the last, too. You’re getting very practiced at that one.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Nice semi- circular pan move there towards the last, too. You’re getting very practiced at that one.

Dave ya got to give the crowd what they wanna see. And it is a fun move I discovered so it was nice to have some room to do it.

Yes the ducks were real. I was kind of surprised too but the drone might be quiet enough not to spook them too badly. It was my first time there and the scenery was so beautiful to me. They were letting small fishing boats on the water but we were there early so there was not a huge crown of folks. I do like recording the different architectural buildings but it is a really nice switch to go out in nature and record too.

My next adventure flight is of a church built in 1916 with wood from the San Francisco's Panama Pacific Exposition of 1915. Lots of character.....that is unless nature has something more appealing .... :conf:

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video