They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Architecture by Air - Campbell High School

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Architecture by Air - Campbell High School

Postby sidd finch » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:03 pm

Designed by William H Weeks and built in 1938. This was the last building he designed in a career or over 500 buildings. Designed in the Spanish Colonial style. Recorded in 4k with ANAFI. Now used as a private school, the auditorium is separated and used for concerts in the 800 seat auditorium.

For me it is so cool to see these old buildings kept in such great shape.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Architecture by Air - Campbell High School

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:11 pm

These are great Sidd. Keep 'em coming. I especially liked the "end runs" that swung around the end of the building. And the tiled roof. Very cool. Did you notice some odd glitches in a few of your transitions, or is it just me? Watching on our TV web browser so...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:27 am

Dave thanks for the kind words. I am glad you are enjoying these videos. It is a great chance to capture some really beautiful historic buildings especially in that they are so well restored. Those end runs are really getting to be a favorite shot of mine. The more I keep flying the more I am realizing how cool the perspective that they make. Shut need to make sure I don't tag any trees on the way. I also love that clay tile roof. That style of roof is pretty prevalent in this area.

I did not notice any glitch but if you have a time stamp I can go double check to make sure I did not miss anything.

I started looking at the superior court house building built in 1866. But I am a bit leery as I only want to record the building not get stopped and have to make a visit inside.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:51 am

Keep them coming Sidd. We enjoy your videos too.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:54 am

I went back and viewed your vid on my computer. The first three transitions seem to contain some kind of a bright flash. These are at the 8, 11, and 20 second marks. The remaining transitions appear normal to me. Not sure why it caught my attention but it seemed unusual. Maybe it's just me. Please don't get me wrong. I don't mean this to be hypercritical. Not intended that way.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Keep them coming Sidd. We enjoy your videos too.

Thank you for the kind words, Happy to oblige....

The first three transitions seem to contain some kind of a bright flash.

Ahh ok I used an additive dissolve. NO offence taken. Feedback is always appreciated. I realized that the additive dissolve was a bit out of step with the rest of the cross fades so I want and changed them all to cross fades. video now updated. Not sure why I had mixed them.

I also noticed that wherever I fly there is always a hummingbird that darts out to the drone. I must be invading their space. But you can see them fly by in some of the shots.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:39 pm

Ah, okay. At least I wasn’t imagining things. I’ve played with additive dissolve but never actually used it. Didn’t recognize it when I saw it.

Did you catch the news a couple of weeks ago of the bald eagle in Michigan that took down a government drone that was mapping shoreline erosion? The drone lost big time - it’s somewhere at the bottom of Lake Michigan.

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:11 am

Dave, I saw that on the eagle that are some massive hunters. When we were on vacation to the badlands a couple of years ago I was flying and noticed a couple of eagle nests and just kept hoping that there would not be a visit while in the air. There were a bunch of swallows that kept buzzing the drone so it was a bit unnerving.

Most of the time I use the additive for when I am making sports related videos. Kind of a flash for each highlight.

Sidd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video