They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Architecture by Air - Herbert Hoover Middleschool

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Architecture by Air - Herbert Hoover Middleschool

Postby sidd finch » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:42 pm

My Architecture by Air continues. It gives me good practice to help with flying and trying a few different types of shots. This time the closed middleschool built in 1931, Herbert Hoover was the first Jr High School in California to offer Drivers Education.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Architecture by Air - Herbert Hoover Middleschool

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am

Another winner! We don't have any schools around here that look anything like that. I especially like the shots where the drone was flying one direction, but panning the opposite ::CLAP: . How do you do that? What's the situation with reopening schools where you're at? I don't want to get into the politics of it all, just curious how they're handling it.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:37 am

Dave so glad you enjoyed the video. After doing a bit of research it looks like the architect that designed that school designed a large amount of schools in the Bay area. Most in the 1930's. I really enjoy the historic buildings especially as the are in really good shape. When I looked the guy up (William H. Weeks) I found another gem of a school he designed that is close. If the smoke clears a bit I am hoping to get a chance to fly the drone this coming weekend and get some video.

The move you described makes the drone kind of fly in a half circle. In aviation terms I am using the Roll and Yaw at the same time and the same speed. This means I push both joysticks to the left or the right at the same time. I just need to really be careful that the arc is not headed towards a tree or a utility pole.

In terms of schools the governor mandated distance learning for most schools. It is just so crowded here that it makes sense to me. But it is a huge challenge. And of course there are people for it and against it.... such is life.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:32 pm

sidd finch wrote:Dave so glad you enjoyed the video. After doing a bit of research it looks like the architect that designed that school designed a large amount of schools in the Bay area. Most in the 1930's. I really enjoy the historic buildings especially as the are in really good shape. When I looked the guy up (William H. Weeks) I found another gem of a school he designed that is close. If the smoke clears a bit I am hoping to get a chance to fly the drone this coming weekend and get some video.

Looking forward to it! Prayers for a quick resolution to this mess of fires.

The move you described makes the drone kind of fly in a half circle. In aviation terms I am using the Roll and Yaw at the same time and the same speed. This means I push both joysticks to the left or the right at the same time. I just need to really be careful that the arc is not headed towards a tree or a utility pole.

Now I understand what I was seeing. Makes sense. Tree or utility pole? Now you're obsessing over details. :)

In terms of schools the governor mandated distance learning for most schools. It is just so crowded here that it makes sense to me. But it is a huge challenge. And of course there are people for it and against it.... such is life.

It's difficult to know what the best choices are. Some of the bad ones should be obvious to most people who choose to follow the science. Any of us can only do what seems best at the time, with the facts as we know them.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:00 am

That really is terrific camera movement, Sidd!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:11 am

Thanks Steve. I am really trying to practice different camera movements from watching some tutorials.I guess my big takeaway is to make sure you try not to adjust the camera in mid flight unless it is a sweeping kind of pan. I also think these old building that are kept in great shape make for interesting subject matter. Glad you enjoyed the video.

I just realized...... what would make that video even better.... yess-sir-reee a Steve Grisetti voice over. Yesssss...... :YY:

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video