They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Architecture by Air - The Empty School

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Architecture by Air - The Empty School

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:07 am

So this video is something I actually recorded on a drone and not a monopod... lol

Since the pandemic has twisted life I thought it might be interesting to get some video of different buildings and different styles of architecture. Because everything is empty I makes it easier to record some video even if it is a bit eerie.

The last video was a modern day office building. This one is a school that was built in 1947. I am guessing it is in the art-deco style. It is also the alma matter of Don Bowden, an Olympic runner and the first American to break the 4 minute mile.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Architecture by Air - The Empty School

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:14 am

The exterior of that building has really been well maintained! I wonder if the interior is as nice. Most likely. The bright sunshine really made the colors snap. I've been following you and Steve's drone conversation. There are some YouTube channel owners that I follow that use drones quite a bit and it really does add to the interest factor. Cool shots that would not have been possible just a few years ago. However, I think every one of them has had one or more crashes due to mechanical failure or just an undetermined glitch that resulted in them needing repairs or drone replacement. I think it kind of comes with the territory.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: Architecture by Air - The Empty School

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:53 am

Thanks Dave, The just did a major restore to the school last year painting and cleaning up everything. They also put in a complete new football field and track so the place looks great. But I think that for the age the building really looks cool. It has peaked my interest to try and record different locations that have interesting building.

I think every one of them has had one or more crashes due to mechanical failure or just an undetermined glitch that resulted in them needing repairs or drone replacement. I think it kind of comes with the territory.

Lol been there done that. I would consider myself a squeamish flyer. I am not very daredevil at all. But I am only really interested in using the drone for cinematic shots so it limits my flying interests. And most video I shoot the drone is is flying slow to capture, but I have still found time to crash on occasion.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video