They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Even during a Pandemic the roses are blooming

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Even during a Pandemic the roses are blooming

Postby sidd finch » Sat May 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Finally after 2 months, I put my mask and gloves on and headed out to the backyard. It was such a beautiful sunny day I was surprised to see so many people in the backyard. Undaunted I fired up the drone and got some shots. Disclaimer.... the drone did not fly with a mask, but knowing that it is an inanimate object I knew I was safe.

In my haste I forgot to put on an ND filter but hey .... it was nice to be outside for once....

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Even during a Pandemic the roses are blooming

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 17, 2020 8:40 am

So great to see those beautiful Gardens again, Sidd!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun May 17, 2020 9:58 am

So great to see that your avatar is wearing a mask Sidd. Of course we always practice social distancing here at Muvipix :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Sun May 17, 2020 10:38 am

Beautiful Sidd! I thought your drone crashed after an update? Love the mask avatar.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon May 18, 2020 1:58 am

...but how can we be sure that it is you behind the mask, Sidd. It could be Clayton Moore. :fg:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bob » Mon May 18, 2020 4:52 am

...but how can we be sure that it is you behind the mask, Sidd. It could be Clayton Moore.

Clayton Moore passed away in 1999. As far as I can tell, Sidd is still alive. Besides, I met Clayton Moore twice, Sidd doesn't look anything like him -- even with the mask.
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 am

Even in the digital world my avatar wants to be safe too. Clayton Moore... has passed and to my relief I have not. After a frustrating dead end with Parrot support I found a replacement ANAFI on Amazon and purchased it. This was the first official flight and it was really good to get out. The roses seem to be at their peak so that was an added bonus.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue May 19, 2020 5:54 am

Bob wrote:...Clayton Moore passed away in 1999...

I did know that Clayton Moore had passed away. It was just that he was the only person that I could think of that habitually wore a mask..so my attempt at a feeble joke. :(
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Tue May 19, 2020 9:28 am

As far as I can tell, Sidd is still alive. Besides, I met Clayton Moore twice, Sidd doesn't look anything like him -- even with the mask.
:CS:

It was just that he was the only person that I could think of that habitually wore a mask..so my attempt at a feeble joke
::CLAP: Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

------------------

Sidd,

I'm truly impressed with your back garden. Reached their prime indeed. I never have so many blooms. Much less all at once.

I'm impressed with your drone/camera too. As it was flying along I was curious about what type of mulch you've used. I pressed the space bar to pause, and every time! I tried it, the blur of motion became a perfectly focused still image. I'm not getting that with my birds. Your shutter speed appears to be perfect.

Paz
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue May 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Thank you Paz appreciated.

I will have to ask the head Gardner what he used. At first I thought it was redwood chips but upon closer inspection it is not.

For the drone camera work I am recording in 4k HDF 30fps. I then create a 24p project and import the 30fps footage and slow down to 80%. This helps the footage look a little more cinematic and smooth. The formula is to divide the project frame rate by the camera frame rate. In this case 24/30=.8 or 80%. Likewise if you have a 24p project file and 60fps footage 24/60=.4 or 40%.

I did know that Clayton Moore had passed away. It was just that he was the only person that I could think of that habitually wore a mask..so my attempt at a feeble joke.

All Good John, jokes are always appreciated. :)

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video