They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Google Effect - Before

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

The Google Effect - Before

Postby sidd finch » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Downtown San Jose is on the cusp of a huge change. The world's BFF Google has decided to create a ginormous "Google Village" that will be home to 20,000 employees and taking over 245 acres of land. Google’s transit-oriented community of office buildings, homes, shops, restaurants and open spaces near the Diridon train station and the SAP entertainment complex in San Jose will forever change the landscape.

In the meantime I am trying to capture what life looks like before the change. Needless to say that the surrounding home that will remain are now experiencing the "Google Effect" to the value of their homes. Million dollar home are the new norm. Befor you think wow must be a big home......we are talking 1500 square feet homes.... Ouch.. And yes my spider sense is tingling... :fg:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The Google Effect - Before

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 am

Didn't Disney originally have the same plan for EPCOT?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 pm

I guess the difference between Waltopia whish was Disney's plan that consisted of building his own perfect Utopian city: the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow—Epcot is the dome. Walt wanted the dome Google could not be bothered by the dome. I do wonder why 20,000 is such a sweet spot for number of employees.....

Being a big fan of history it is sad that they will wipe the map and start over but I do understand progress. A lot of the area is machine shops and empty lots. but there are a few nuggets that will disappear.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Great idea Sidd to capture what it looks before the big take over. Sadly there will be everyday people like teachers that can't afford homes in the area.

That music sounded like a 1960's crime drama show like Baretta.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 am

I like the song very much, too!

SoundHound IDed it as Charly Garcia -- but what's the name of the song? Is it from a TV show?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 am

The music is background music from the 1967 cartoon Spiderman. Most of it written by jazz musicians Bob Harris and Ray Ellis. From what I read it was music that was created as stock music and almost went unaccredited.

Great idea Sidd to capture what it looks before the big take over.

Thank you Paz it sounds like it will be a really significant change to the landscape I thought it would be fun to rapture as much of the change as possible. In the local news Google is making headlines for the extravagant prices they are paying to acquire some of this property.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am

That little drone better get busy before all the changes start happening.... lol

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video