They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DJI releases 2 new Drones

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

DJI releases 2 new Drones

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:54 pm

DJI recently announced the sequel to the immensely popular Mavic Pro, and it looks like the new version has almost everything a Mavic fan could want. The new Mavic 2 comes in two variants, the "Pro" -- which features a Hasselblad camera with a 1-inch CMOS sensor -- and a "Zoom" version, which (as you may have guessed) comes with an optical zoom lens mounted in front of a 1/2.3-inch sensor. The Pro and Zoom are identical apart from the cameras and gimbals, and both versions of the Mavic 2 improve on the original Mavic's specs in just about every aspect, from image quality to obstacle avoidance. ...

Link to the complete article:
https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/06/dji-mavic-2-pro-mavic-2-zoom-review/?yptr=yahoo

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: DJI releases 2 new Drones

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:20 pm

I was at a local park recently and talked to a guy who was flying a Mavic drone. Not sure which version. He had either a large phone or a small tablet he was looking at that showed what the drone was seeing as well as control options. Example, he could change the aperture and make the image lighter or darker - but what seemed most cool about it to me were two things. First, the joy stick controls were directly UNDER the tablet. He could hold the entire thing in his hands, looking straight down at the screen and moving the control sticks underneath. Second, when he was ready to leave he brought the drone home and then proceeded to fold the whole thing, blades and all, into a squarish, rectangular sort of shape, small enough to put into a large pocket and that was that.

My Phantom 3, on the other hand, has a wobbly, floppy method of holding my tablet at a 90 degree angle to my controls. If I concentrate on the screen and move it so I can see it in the light, then the control is more against my stomach than down and both sections seem to be in danger of coming apart. Taking it home involves removing all the blades, battery, etc. Quite a bit more hassle. And much larger. Have to say, I am favorably impressed with the Mavic!
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Drones - Photo/Video