They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Pretty sure my wife will be be in tears in three more days

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Pretty sure my wife will be be in tears in three more days

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Ever since she first laid eyes on my standard version of the Mavic Pro and then saw what it's capable of, she stated, "I wish I had one of those of my own to fly."

Fortunately, I'm familiar with the workings of the minds of her and many other traditional Filipinas: they never demand. They merely hint -- and then patiently wait to see whether the recipient of the hint will make it happen.

Thankfully, she hinted far enough ahead of Valentine's Day that I was able to save enough to purchase the one that I know she is going to adore: the Alpine White.

Problem is, the "Combo" (see the pics) has been on sale throughout the holidays, and I was terrified that the sale would end before I'd save the entire amount of $1099, including shipping and sales tax.

Even more terrifying, I read on another site that Chinese New Year will begin on the 16th and last for two weeks, which is certain to slow shipments from Shenzen China.

As soon as I read that, I decided to go ahead and use a bit from the credit card. I sent the order to DJI on Thursday the 8th, and DJI notified that payment had been accepted on Friday the 9th. But would it ship in time for Valentine's Day, I asked myself, with heart palpitating.

A few minutes ago, I received notice that the order had been handed over to FEDEX in Shenzen.

The shipment is scheduled to arrive ..................................... wait for it...................................... on Feb 14, Valentine's Day, by 1030am. :exc:

[attachment=5]Combo.JPG

Aircraft folded.JPG

Aircraft unfolded 01.JPG

Aircraft unfolded 02.JPG

Aircraft unfolded 03.JPG

Aircraft unfolded 04.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Pretty sure my wife will be be in tears.... (cont)

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Here is the text that goes with the above post but that got replaced by the images:

Ever since she first laid eyes on my standard version of the Mavic Pro and then saw what it's capable of, she stated, "I wish I had one of those of my own to fly."

Fortunately, I'm familiar with the workings of the minds of her and many other traditional Filipinas: they never demand. They merely [b][b]hint [/b][/b]-- and then patiently wait to see whether the recipient of the hint will make it happen.

Thankfully, she hinted far enough ahead of Valentine's Day that I was able to save enough to purchase the one that I know she is going to adore: the Alpine White.

Problem is, the "Combo" (see the pics) has been on sale throughout the holidays, and I was terrified that the sale would end before I'd save the entire amount of $1099, including shipping and sales tax.

Even more terrifying, I read on another site that Chinese New Year will begin on the 16th and last for two weeks, which is certain to slow shipments from Shenzhen China.

As soon as I read that, I decided to go ahead and use a bit from the credit card. I sent the order to DJI on Thursday the 8th, and DJI notified that payment had been accepted on Friday the 9th. But would it ship in time for Valentine's Day? I asked myself, with heart palpitating.

A few minutes ago, I received notice that the order had been handed over to FEDEX in Shenzhen on the 12th (11th here)

According to FEDEX, the shipment is scheduled to arrive ..................................... wait for it...................................... on Feb 14, Valentine's Day, by 1030am. :exc:

P.S. If anyone is contemplating a DJI drone, I strongly suggest purchasing it from DJI directly and also purchasing for $99 DJI Care Refresh as here is what you get: if you crash your drone during the first year for any reason, including pilot error, send it to DJI and they will immediately send you a replacement, for $79 the first time and $129 the second. Also, consider paying $29 for a year of DJI Select, which will get you discount coupons, special notifications and, perhaps most important, a second year of DJI Care Refresh for half-price. DJI Select is available only to DJI customers. Be sure to add the care program before the first time you activate the aircraft to fly it -- and don't even think about actually flying it until after you have downloaded, read, and thoroughly understood the contents of the operating manual. The number of individuals who refused to do so before flying it -- and promptly crashed their new aircraft -- is reportedly TNTC!

P.P.S. One more point: when shopping in the DJI store, take your time, as you will often find something you want in an unexpected location. For example, I found the following in an unexpected location.

Holidays 01.JPG

Holidays contents.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Drones - Photo/Video