They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Finn Snow: Drone photography that will take your breath away

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Finn Snow: Drone photography that will take your breath away

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:34 am

About four years ago, a Canadian named Kyle Jennerman decided he loved the Philippines, so he began a You Tube channel called "Becoming Filipino." Currently, he has 155,000 subscribers, mostly Filipinos/Filipinas around the world but also lots of other nationalities.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=becoming+filipino

With the passage of time, many more non-Filipinos ("foreigners") discovered how perfect the country is for Vlogging. Currently, there are dozens of "V loggers" with You Tube channels, many of which are monetized. Kyle has become so popular among Filipinos that, no matter where he travels, he is swarmed like a rock star. Re the headband that he ALWAYS wears: it's composed of the three colors of the flag of the Philippines.

(Lots of us foreigners wear headbands when we go to the Philippines, for the following reason: imagine living in a sauna bath, and you've got the idea.)

Not too long ago, a new V logger appeared. Finn Snow is part Icelandic and part American. If memory serves, both he and Kyle are 29 years old -- but act like teenagers as they go on various adventures throughout the Philippines. Like Steve, Finn says he has studied graphic design. As he travels around the Philippines on boats and motorbikes, like most Filipinos do, he lugs a large backpack containing a DJI Phantom 4 Pro for his drone photography.

In addition, instead of a small GoPro which he uses only when raining, on the end of his ever-present "selfie stick" -- which is actually a 3-legged wrap-around tripod -- he is lugging a Samsung video camera with a zoom lens plus an external Rode microphone. Why am I telling you about his equipment?

I'm telling you this so that, when you view his magnificent photography, you will understand that he is lugging all this stuff around -- often on foot and wearing only rubber sandals (like most Filipinos) -- while living in the equivalent of a sauna bath.

We're talking adventures such as climbing up mountains through jungles so that he can present to us, say, a magnificent jungle waterfall, or a fabulous view from the top of a remote island with zero permanent inhabitants. Like most Filipinos, Finn never flies. To travel from island to island, he takes boats and buses. To travel within an island, he rents motorbikes and rides them while holding his "selfie stick" extended out from is right arm so we can experience what he is seeing -- complete with top-notch audio.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: If you are a member of Muvipix, then you love videography. Therefore, please be advised that I accept no responsibility if, like many of his subscribers, you become so enamored of watching Finn's videos -- not to say addicted to them -- that you begin staying up all night to view them, start calling in sick, neglecting your responsibilities, etc..

If you'd like to begin with what Finn says is the most beautiful island in the world, Sambawan, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaWZNAfXuGw

If you'd like to start with his top ten favorite locations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaZOBMMu5uk

P.S. Finn has been at this recently in comparison with Kyle, but he's already got over 50,000 subscribers. He is considered a VIP among the Department of Tourism. The officials take him to exclusive locations and introduce him to important people -- but never ask him to wear anything other his usual headband, T-shirt, shorts and rubber sandals (here in the US we call them "shower shoes") plus his ever-present drone backpack and Samsung on a tripod.

In his more recent videos, Finn and Kyle are going on adventures together, as a result of hundreds of their subscribers begging them to do so.

Finn's other occasional traveling companion is named Sherlin. Like Finn, she loves diving and underwater photography -- and acts as much like a teenager as he and Kyle do.

Kyle, too, often has traveling companions. Jun-Jun is a favorite of his subscribers, as is Kumar.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Finn Snow: Drone photography that will take your breath

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 pm

I could not tell if this was a real post or spam... :hyst:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Finn Snow: Drone photography that will take your breath

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:26 pm

:proud: :proud:
sidd finch wrote:I could not tell if this was a real post or spam... :hyst:

Sidd

I've logged hundreds if not thousands of hours sharing my thoughts and suggestions with other members over the past ten years. Until I became too busy to continue sharing, I was a Moderator on this site.

In fact, as soon as I finish writing the current post, I'm going to share another yet another thought on the new Drone page.

Congratulations! for being the one and only person out of over 2500+ posts to use the word "spam" in a reply to one of mine. :proud:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Drones - Photo/Video