They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sunrise over Silicon Valley..... with Fog

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Sunrise over Silicon Valley..... with Fog

Postby sidd finch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Another gorgeous sunrise. I made a trek to the heart of Silicon Valley to capture the sunrise over the downtown area. The Adobe corporate headquarters buildings are prominently featured. And, the fog looked so cool. Flying at approx 350 ft in the air. (Under the aircraft max flight altitude RJ :)) Comments always welcome.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Sunrise over Silicon Valley..... with Fog

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:59 am

Very cool Sidd, great music too :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:17 am

Thank you Chuck. Music is from one of my favorite musicians Trevor Rabin who played with the band Yes for a while but now

His composition "Titans Spirit" from Remember the Titans (2000) has been used for NBC's coverage of the Summer Olympic Games and Barack Obama's speech and celebration upon winning the 2008 US Presidential election. Rabin composed the theme for Turner Broadcasting System's NBA on TNT in 2002, MLB on TBS in 2007, and March Madness in 2011, and Disney's Mission: Space attraction at Epcot.

Glad you liked the video. I am having a blast trying to capture things from a bird's eye view. From the ground the sunrise and fog is not that dramatic. But, once I get up a couple hundred feet it is a whole new world. I just needed a flock of birds to fly by to make it complete. lol

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:44 am

Wow, that was some great subject matter! So cool seeing the layers of fog and then flying right through them. Gorgeous sunrise, too. And the choice of music was primo. :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Cool Thank you Dave.

From the ground I thought that the fog went up a lot higher than it did. It would be fun to try to capture the city from different angles but I don't think I could make it across town in time. The sunrise would be finished before I could get to the next location.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:22 pm

sidd finch wrote:From the ground I thought that the fog went up a lot higher than it did. It would be fun to try to capture the city from different angles but I don't think I could make it across town in time. The sunrise would be finished before I could get to the next location.

Sounds like it's time for a whole crew of drones. You'll need to send operators out to all points of the city to film simultaneously. Go big or go home! :mrgreen:

When we rode the Blue Ridge (motorcycling) it was fun to ride into and out of the fog (clouds) as the road changed elevation. Looking out across the valley it was cool to see the clouds below.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 am

Sounds like it's time for a whole crew of drones. You'll need to send operators out to all points of the city to film simultaneously. Go big or go home!

I was in there until the second sentence...... might be more of a go home moment. Although, DJI has a new multi drone controller.except if I did that the wife would say simply.... go away from here... lol

I can imagine riding through the mountains on bikes through fog would be a really cool adventure. I am guessing that if it was made into a video then Born to be Wild would be the soundtrack. :yh:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:03 pm

sidd finch wrote:I am guessing that if it was made into a video then Born to be Wild would be the soundtrack. :yh:

Or maybe not so much on our Honda Gold Wing. :hyst:

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Dave maybe when you come out to visit with your gold wing we can power through the streets to get many angled sunrises.... :hyst:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Sounds great, but unfortunately we don’t ride anymore.

Dave McElderry

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Really nice, Sidd. I LOVE California! Well, not the traffic, but how 'bout day 1, one location, day 2, second location, etc. You do have the marine layer most every morning, right?

The alarm clock set at 3:35 AM is the only thing that prevents me from going out every day at dawn .... cough, cough...
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Dawn comes way too early where you live Paz!

Dave McElderry

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Ah, well, that's the "get up before dawn" to get there in time, Dave. Lately our Wild Goose Chases have involved meeting with a group of birders from Birmingham, AL, about 90+ miles from here. Usually we pack the car the night before, make coffee, go by the doughnut shop and meet them where ever. Sites can be anywhere in the northern half of the state, including as far south as the lower end of the very road we live on, on occasion. Hopefully I'll be posting some of those trips soon.
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Looking forward to it!

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Really nice, Sidd. I LOVE California! Well, not the traffic, but how 'bout day 1, one location, day 2, second location, etc. You do have the marine layer most every morning, right?

Thanks PAZ a good idea. Getting up early is two-fold. Catch the sunrise and beat the traffic. :)

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video