They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Muvipix Guides to Premiere/Photoshop Elements 2018

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

The Muvipix Guides to Premiere/Photoshop Elements 2018

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 am

Adobe has released its latest versions of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements. And to celebrate, we're giving away copies of our latest Muvipix.com Guides!

Premiere Elements 2018 includes a number of exciting new features:
• Smart Trim, a workspace for selecting the best segments from a longer clip.
• Candid Moments, a workspace for selecting still photos from a video clip.
• Output as a 5-10 second animated GIF (Windows only).
• Additionally, Adobe continues to build out its library of Guided Edits with step-by-step walkthroughs that will show you how to Fix Action Camera Footage and correct lens distortion, create a motion title and a freeze frame/motion title and build a bounce-back effect that momentarily freezes your movie, then plays it backwards.
NOTE THAT THE ABILITY TO PRODUCE BLU-RAY DISCS HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM PREMIERE ELEMENTS 2018.

Photoshop Elements 2018 includes:
A Smart Selection tool that selects objects and people in your photos based on your rough outlines.
An Open Closed Eyes tool for pretty effectively replacing closed eyes in photos with open eyes "borrowed" from another photo.
Guided Edits for creating shape overlay, painterly and cool double-exposure effects.

The Organizer includes an Auto Curate tool for automatically filtering your photos based on quality, as well as an InstantMovie-style slideshow creator.

For more information, demonstration tutorials and screen shots showing these new features for Premiere Elements 2018, Photoshop Elements 2018 and the Organizer, as well as information on our Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 and Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 books, see out book promo page:
http://muvipix.com/pe2018.php

In addition, we're releasing the latest version of our "Cool Tricks & Hot Tips for Adobe Premiere Elements", updated for version 2018, and including step-by-step instructions for creating the 50 most request special effects.

You can learn more about this book, see samples of the effects you can create and even see some free tutorials on this page.
http://muvipix.com/cooltricks2018.php

If you'd like to win one of these books, just tag onto this thread. We'll draw two names at random on Tuesday, October 10. Each winner can select the book he or she receives.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: The Muvipix Guides to Premiere/Photoshop Elements 2018

Postby sidd finch » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:56 am

Just a quick pitch for Steve's book. A very thorough and complete guide to helping you to learn more about PR/PS Elements or trying to take your skill set to the next level. Steve's books are really easy to read and quite helpful when you want to "know something"

I would highly suggest adding your name for a chance to win. I won a book from a prior release and it was a very valuable resource.

Steve you did not say but, will the books include a signed autograph? :conf:

Sidd
Last edited by Ron on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: minor sp err
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:18 pm

sidd finch wrote:Just a quick pitch for Steve's book. A very thorough and complete guide to helping you to learn more about PR/PS Elements or trying to take your skill set to the next level. Steve's books are really easy to read and quite helpful when you want to "know something"

I fully agree.

I would highly suggest adding your name for a chance to win. I won a book from a prior release and it was a very valuable resource.

I also had won a book and have purchased them as well.
They also make a great gift for a beginner.
Peru

Postby Bubby Grub » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:47 pm

Please count me in I would love to win PE Book, have purchased Steve's books before and they have been a great help.
Bubby Grub :exc:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby AllieB » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:37 am

Please count me in. All the earlier books were a great help so I suppose this one will too.
AllieB
Greetings from Portugal
AllieB

Location: Patroves, in the south of Portugal but born in the Netherlands

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:02 pm

I've now downloaded and installed the trial version of Premiere Elements 2018. During installation, there was a message that there was a Windows update in progress, but there really wasn't, and I clicked on "ignore." After ignoring that message, Premiere Elements could be installed.

Even though Adobe removed Blu-ray disc menus, you can still create Blu-ray disc files that can be loaded into DVD Architect and burned to Blu-ray disc without the need for rendering again. If you create Blu-ray AVC files in Premiere Elements, you need to rename the extension of the video file from .m4v to .avc before DVD Architect will accept the file. The .wav audio file will load automatically when you load the video file in DVD Architect.

The "Candid Moments" is a convenient new feature I just tried. That creates a cool looking slideshow. ::CLAP:
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby videovillageidiot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Steve's books are great! I'd love to win one!

Thanks for staying on top of all the changes Steve!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby estherlouise » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Once again, I renewed!
I remember the first days of this website and how many times I referred people here when I couldn't answer their questions.
Thanks for being here when I need you.
Esther Louise
Esther
Premiere Elements 15; Elements 15; Photoshop; Lightroom
Canon 70D
estherlouise
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks for your continued support Esther !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby estherlouise » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:04 am

This site has such value! :yh:

Thanks!
Esther
Premiere Elements 15; Elements 15; Photoshop; Lightroom
Canon 70D
estherlouise
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby MrGrunthunter » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 am

Please include me for an opportunity to win your latest book.
Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Instld RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0
MrGrunthunter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:34 pm

Congratulations to Peru Bob and Videovillageidiot! You're our winners!

I'll be in touch with you soon to see which books you'd like.

And thanks to everyone for playing.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

How does the Elements bundle for 2018 differ from the 15 bun

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks, Steve.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:15 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Adobe has released its latest versions of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements. And to celebrate, we're giving away copies of our latest Muvipix.com Guides!

Premiere Elements 2018 includes a number of exciting new features:
• Smart Trim, a workspace for selecting the best segments from a longer clip.
• Candid Moments, a workspace for selecting still photos from a video clip.
• Output as a 5-10 second animated GIF (Windows only).
• Additionally, Adobe continues to build out its library of Guided Edits with step-by-step walkthroughs that will show you how to Fix Action Camera Footage and correct lens distortion, create a motion title and a freeze frame/motion title and build a bounce-back effect that momentarily freezes your movie, then plays it backwards.
NOTE THAT THE ABILITY TO PRODUCE BLU-RAY DISCS HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM PREMIERE ELEMENTS 2018.

In addition, we're releasing the latest version of our "Cool Tricks & Hot Tips for Adobe Premiere Elements", updated for version 2018, and including step-by-step instructions for creating the 50 most request special effects.

I've bought all three of your magnificent books, Steve.

Currently, I'm about half way through the PRE edition. Although there are many features that I love, Time Remapping is the one that makes the program a must-have, as it allows me continue to work efficiently -- no rendering required -- with a 1080p timeline and still get Slo- and Fast-Mo. (I use the 1080p 30 setting with both my Mavic Pro and Akaso Brave.)

Re the inability to produce Blu-ray discs, I love the fact that I can continue to make use of PRE7 for that despite having installed PRE 2018.

Lastly, I must tell you that I'm so very proud of your writing style with regard to the PRE 2018 book (the only one I've read so far). Because of the logical manner in which you have assembled it, the book can both a) be read cover to cover b) be used as a reference tool when one needs to quickly learn how to perform a specific task during the process of creating a movie.

Bravo!

::CLAP:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Thank you, George! That's the kind of compliment that truly makes my day!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Drones - Photo/Video