They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Drone Simulator

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Drone Simulator

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:19 pm

I've been playing a drone simulator on my tablet, but the drone keeps flying behind the buildings or out of sight. It's hard to maneuver by rubbing my fingertips on a tablet. This might be the ticket. You get a real controller.

https://zephyr-sim.com/shop
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Drone Simulator

Postby sidd finch » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 am

not sure what operating system you use but if you have iOS they have the Apple MIFI controllers:

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Blueto ... controller

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:26 pm

I'm using Windows 10. Zephyr supports PlayStation and XBox controllers, but I would rather get a controller with sticks, like one of the FlySky controllers Zephyr packages with their simulator software. Among the drones they simulate are the DJI Mavic Pro, Inspire 1, Phantom 3.

I have a small inexpensive fold-up drone with camera, all weighing about 3.5 ounces, but it has a controller similar to a PlayStation controller. I've been looking for a good open area where I can fly it and find it easily. I was watching a YouTube video of the drone and it can take off like a rocket if not careful. The thing will be way gone before I realize that I need to push the emergency stop button. I'd feel better if I had practice first on a simulator.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 am

I have to agree the controllers with sticks makes it feel much more natural to try and fly. I tried to fly with just the smart phone but the experience was lacking. Having that tactial feel really helps.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video