They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Soccer at Sunset

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Soccer at Sunset

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 am

I was out practicing how to fly this aircraft on Saturday evening and I drove by a football field where they were playing a friendly game of soccer. What a great place to see if I can record some of the game while practicing flying....

As always, commentary appreciated.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Soccer at Sunset

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:03 am

As always, Sidd. You're the master at this.

And, although you'd have needed their permission to do it, I'd have loved to have seen some closer shots of the individual plays and players.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am

Thank you Steve.

Since I just happened on the scene I tried not to interfere with their scrimmage. I think it would have been cool to mix the drone shots with some GoPro footage. But I probably need to see how receptive they would be to letting me record.

I am currently looking for a location to record some cinematic shots that would naturally lend themselves to a cool Steve Grisetti voice over.... :tup:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:17 am

The steadiness still continues to amaze me. I wonder how it will do with some significant winds.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:50 am

My understanding of the aircraft is that the sensor is a bigger than the one used in the iPhone 7. The extra space is used to do some electronic stabilization. There is also a 2 axis gimbal on the camera that is used for mechanical stabilization.

The times I have been flying it has been a little windy but nothing outrageous. I find it pretty stable. What I think happens is that the more the aircraft fights the wind the less time there is to fly because the aircraft is attempting to keep itself stable.

I really really like this little drone. it is so portable and fun to fly. The trade off from 4k and price to size and ease of flight is worth it for my needs. I think the better I get at flying I might have a need for a bigger quad, but for now this is plenty of aircraft for me to handle.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Very steady shots Sidd. The image stabilization is worth the battery time. Wonderful sunset shots. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Thank you Mom. I agree on the battery time. Even though it flies for only 15 minutes it is pretty decent amount of time. But I am also not trying to fly the thing out over the ocean where extra time is needed to get it back to land.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video