They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Previewing Video Problems

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Re: Previewing Video Problems

Postby Smadams » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:13 pm

Sorry, I forgot to answer the question regarding the orange line at the top. I do get that across the top.
Smadams
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:24 pm

that means you need to render to view with out glitching. It will change to green once it is done rendering.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:47 am

The render line also means that your project settings are not matching your video specs for some reason, and that's causing the program to work inefficiently.

As an experiment, start a new project. Add one of your video clips to it and place it on the timeline. Do you see the render line?

You should not. Your camcorder creates pretty standard video and the program should have no problems working with it. If not, how did you get the video from the camcorder to your computer? And is this video MP4s or M2T files?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Smadams » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:18 pm

I render often. How can I tell when my project settings are matching the video specs? I will have to check to see if it's MP4s or M2T files. I'm not sure I know how to check that. My husband loads it to the computer from the camera. I will start a new project with a clip from my video to see what happens. I do trim and split clips. If I understand you correctly, when I add a clip to the timeline, I shouldn't have a orange (or yellow) line? Should I add all the clips before editing them or as I add them?
Smadams
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:18 pm

The easiest way to see if the project settings match your video specs is to put a video clip on the timeline. If a yellow orange render line appears above the clip, the project is not set up to match the video. If there is only gray above the clip, you have a match.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Smadams » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:45 pm

Thank you. I will work on the suggestions you've given to me, and then let you know what happens.
Smadams
New User
New User

Postby Smadams » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:59 pm

I started to look at the things more closely that you asked me to do. I began to notice something that I believe is part of the problem or the problem. When I went to look at the file type, I didn't find any of the two you mentioned. The files for one of my videos is MTS and the video that I'm having more problems shows two file types. Most are MTS and some MPG, which I could understand that. Another thing that I forgot to mention is that my husband loaded the files onto his computer first and than put them on a flash drive for me which I then loaded the files to my computer. We experienced a problem with the camera at one time, but it was the date not showing correctly. However, I wouldn't think that would affect the file type. Another thing I noticed is that the name of the files were different for MTS and MPG. I'm wondering if I should just start all over again; however, with the file types being different, they will possibly not match my project settings. Is it possible to fix that?
Smadams
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:46 pm

Well, before I started over from scratch, I'd do some tests.

What happens if you open a project and only put MTSs into it. Just drag 20 or so to your timeline. Do you experience the slow performance?

Then start another project and only put your MPEGs in it. Drag a bunch of them to the timeline. Do you experience slow performance?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Smadams » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Ok Steve, I'll do that and see what happens.

Thanks
Smadams
New User
New User

Postby Smadams » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:46 pm

Hello Steve,
I started a new project by first moving the MPG's, as you suggested, to the timeline (about 23) and they are playing properly. So now I'm wondering if all my adjustments, transitions, etc. into my project were the problem. I did a lot of trimming in the clips as well and enhancing color. I also noticed something I didn't before. The timeline moves to the left as it plays back. Is that normal? Another question I have is should I trim and make adjustments as I move a clip to the timeline and add transitions or wait until all the clips are placed on the timeline? Something seems to have gone wrong during the process. I will look at the MTS' s to see what happens.
Smadams
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:21 pm

None of those things should make any difference, Smadams.

If your MPEGs are playing fine, then you shouldn't have problems with playback and editing as long as you render your timeline regularly as you work.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Smadams » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:00 pm

Ok, and I was rendering all the time I put clips on the timeline. I thought I might have done something wrong in the process. However, I think I'm going to continue with the new projects and finish the clips, because it's obvious what I did before can't be corrected. It will take some time, but I think it's worth my time to do it. Thank you for all your assistance. I really appreciate all the time you've spent with me, and I hope I won't have to post anything again with the new projects.
Smadams
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:14 am

It's been said before...... "Steve is the Man" :gl:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Previous

Return to PRE Version 15