They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Resizing

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Re: Resizing

Postby sjf » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Have finally resolved the issue, and many thanks to Steve, Sidd and especially twosheds who has provided a considerable amount of time and effort into getting a very good final product. I ended up NOT resizing any of the pics which were close to the 1770 pixels to begin with, and then had to Scale to Frame Size (I only have a few pics on timeline as test, so unclear if not resizing will become an issue when I add up to 60 digitized pics for final project). Project settings are AVCHD 1080p, 59.94fps. Then exported as HD 1920x1080 and MP4 H.264, highest quality. The final result, when streaming from hard drive to television, is nearly as good as Photoshop Create a SlideShow. I presume clarity will not be quite as good when burning to a standard DVD, but may upgrade to BluRay later on.
Very pleasing result, and thanks again to all for your input.
sjf

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:02 am

Actually your 1920x1080 MP4 should be cleaner and clearer looking than a DVD, sjf, since it has the same resolution as a BluRay.

But let's not quibble. It sounds like you've finally gotten some satisfactory results! And we're glad we could help.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 am

It was my suggestion to sjf, Steve, to complete the project as HD so that, if the delivery medium changed from SD in the future, then the higher resolution HD output would be available.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Red Sanders » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:39 pm

You fellows on this site continue to amaze me with your quick and detailed responses and your patience and perseverance. While I continue to work on creating videos for our family from thousands of family photos and hundreds of family videos, I commonly refer to this forum when I have problems, questions, or just want to fine tune what I'm doing.

As much and as long as I've worked with Premiere Elements, and after purchasing and reading a number of Steve's books, I STILL learn things here. I guess that's because there are so many variables that are involved, such as the various devices used to create media, the equipment being used to assemble, edit and produce the final results, the many features in PRE and PSE, what the user has done with the media and the equipment being used to display the results. Add to that is the challenge of helping folks understand via texts and sometimes video. And, I'll bet the fellow's here can name even more variables that create the challenges that they help address. :ha:

So again fellows, for continuing to provide such valuable guidance, support and encouragement for many years, thanks a bunch!!! :TU:
Red Sanders
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:29 pm

Among our highest compliments, Red! Thank you!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to PRE Version 15