They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

iphone videos

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

iphone videos

Postby skip » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:39 am

I recently upgraded my computer from windows 7 to windows 10. I've run into a problem using videos from an iphone 8 in my project. When I try to play a video from the iphone in either PRE or PSE 15, I get the error message about not having the required codecs installed. I believe the videos from the iphone are .MOV. What surprises me is that the videos from my canon camera, which are also .MOV, play fine in both PRE or PSE. Also surprising is that I never had any problems with iphone videos on my old windows 7 computer. Do I need to convert the iphone videos to some other format? It appears like all .MOV videos are not created equally.
skip
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: iphone videos

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:51 am

You can convert MOV files to more standard media file formats with various media applications. For example, Handbrake (freeware) allows you to convert a MOV video to an .MP4 file

MOV files may contain video, audio, timecode, and text tracks, which can be used to store and synchronize different types of media. Each media track may be encoded using one of several different codecs. In order to play a MOV file, an application must be able to recognize the specific codec(s) used in the file. Your system might not have the driver installed to play the MOV file.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby skip » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:52 am

Thanks - I'll give it a try.
skip
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby skip » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:26 am

Worked great!....thanks.
skip
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:12 pm

Glad to hear it worked out for you :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to PRE Version 15