They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Disappearing customizations

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Disappearing customizations

Postby abgtc » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:17 pm

I've long saved all my keyboard customizations to a file and now, suddenly, it's disappeared -- that is, the customizations no longer work and when I go to Keyboard Customizations it no longer appears in the options at the top, in the dropdown for "Set."

I searched online but could find no mention of where the keyboard customization file is stored in Windows, other than under "Premiere Elements", under "Users." So I made a test custom, saved it, and found it "Premiere Elements/15.0", but no trace of my longtime one. Is it just gone or could it be somewhere else?
abgtc

Re: Disappearing customizations

Postby sidd finch » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:11 pm

You might check your recycle bin. Try viewing it. If it got deleted by mistake it might be there. Then you can just click restore from the bin.

Also try C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\AME\{VERSION}\Presets

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby abgtc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:17 am

I always check my Recycle bin immediately following a deletion or disappearance -- it wasn't there.

Under C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\, there's no folder "CME". And I did a search for the customized file there with no luck.

I had a list of my keyboard customizations and there weren't so many that it was too difficult to recreate them, which I've done. But it's frustrating that the customization file, which is definitely saved –- that's how it's created -- doesn't appear to be accessible from outside the program.
abgtc

Postby Peru » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:36 am

abgtc wrote: there's no folder "CME".

C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\AME\{VERSION}\Presets
Peru

Postby abgtc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:57 am

Sorry, typo: I meant AME.

Under "Adobe", the only ".kys" file I can see is "[Custom]", which I created yesterday. (I've attached a screenshot of the "15.0" folder.) No sign of my previous saved custom file (which was named "DM").

In any case, from now on I'll make regular manual backups of that file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abgtc

Return to PRE Version 15