They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Slide show created by PSE15 would not inport to PRE15

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Slide show created by PSE15 would not inport to PRE15

Postby kenskopp » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:22 am

Hello,

I usually make up "Instant Movies". I did not like that "instant movies" would not keep my photos in the order I wanted. Today I created a slide show in PSE15. I tried importing that slide show into my new PRE15 project. PRE15 would not import it. Is my only choice to use '"slide show" in instant movie. In PSE12, I really liked the flexibility in making slide shows to put in my DVDs. I notice when Adobe tries to "improve" PSE & PRE they sometimes eliminate flexibility in prior versions. What are my options to put my photos in a PRE15 project that maintains the order I desire? I just returned from a vacation in North Carolina and have 14 albums created in PSE15 with the photos "named" in the order I wish to see them in on a DVD.

Thank you for your support. It is this problem that makes me leery to upgrade to PSE & PRE 2018.
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Slide show created by PSE15 would not inport to PRE15

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi Ken,

When you created your slideshow how did you export it, or did you? What do you mean by "PRE15 would not import it"? A little more detail about your project and what you are ultimately trying to do would be helpful :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kenskopp » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi Chuck,

I did discover that once you make a slideshow in PSE15 you cannot imprt to PRE15. When you "edit" the slideshow there is no option to send it to PRE15. There is an option to make it a video. Once you do that, you can "edit" and send video to PRE15. Something has changed on my computer and PRE15. I have made a new project up and tried making a instant movie with music from my computer. I imported six photos into Project assets in expert view. Ideleted six photos from timeline. I then highlighted six photos in project asset panel, selected instant movie, selected theme and picked a music track from my computer. At this time when I play instant movie there is no sound. I have been using PRE15 for 6 months with no problem. I am thinking of deleting PRE15 and starting again. The basic slide show and slideshow converted to a video clip play ok in PSE15. My audio from my computer is sent through my Panasonic Plasma TV.
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby kenskopp » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi Chuck,

I reinstalled PRE15 and there still was no sound. I checked "preferences, Audio, Track Default" Not knowing what I exactly was doing, I changed the default to Forward. Sound now works. I just got massive update for windows 10. Maybe it changed something. I know I did not change anything. Would it be a challenge to list what should be the basic preferences for PRE15 and PSE15 for us computer novices?

Thabnks for your input and being there.
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:30 am

Hi Ken,

Glad you got the sound back :TU:

It definitely could be something to do with the Windows update, it messed up a few things on my machines. As for the list of basic preferences most people don't change any of them and just leave the defaults. That being said every machine and user is slightly (and sometimes very) different, to come up with a basic/standard would be a challenge. I am sure that Steve has some of this information in his books.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby MaryAnne » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Hey Gang,

I see others have this same problem but can't find the answer so I'll post.

I need some big-time help (read, under deadline - of course). Back in the "good old days" of PE 11, 12, 13, 14 when you created an album in PE, you could then make a slideshow. At that point it was a file that could be exported to Premier, then you would "break apart" in premier and you were off and running. I loved it! The slideshow was in order to the album, you could do your own thing with movement, music, backgrounds, etc. (keyframes)

Now I don't get it. The slideshow option does not export to Premier - only a file on hard drive. And when you bring that file into Premier it does not let you break the photos apart. The other two options Instant Movie and Video story insist that you select a theme which includes all sorts of "effects" that I do not want. I just want the pictures to come in order. How do I get around this?

This is a big project with all photos - a memorial service video.

Thanks for your help - as always
Mary Anne
MaryAnne
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Someone will be along to provide some insight. It is always best to start a new thread so that folks can help you instead of it possibly getting buried in a thread.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:41 pm

That is how the program is designed to work now, Mary Anne.

The only way to get your slideshow from the Organizer to Premiere Elements is to output it as an MP4 -- and then you will not be able to break it into parts in Premiere Elements.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 15