They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Changing effects defaults

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Changing effects defaults

Postby abgtc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:22 am

I wonder if there's a way to change the default level settings for various effects. For example: when "Image Control" is applied, the first setting, "Brightness", is set at -3. I'd love to have it be 0.

Similarly, "Crop" is set at Left 0%, Right 9%, Top 14% and Bottom 20%, and I'd rather have them all at 0. Any ideas?
abgtc

Re: Changing effects defaults

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:10 am

I don't know that there's a way to do this. But, believe me, if there is a way, I'm sure the best and brightest in the Muvipix community will figure it out!

Meantime, you certain CAN create a custom preset -- which is essentially the effect with your custom settings applied. But I don't think that's quite what you're looking for.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:06 am

I don't have Premiere Elements 15, but I'm wondering if it remembers the settings from the last time it was used?
Peru

Postby abgtc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:39 am

Steve: Not quite sure what a custom preset would do. Also, Adobe says "you cannot create custom presets" (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elemen ... esets.html).

peru: Definitely doesn't remember settings.
abgtc

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:07 am

From the Adobe website:

Create an effect preset
You can create presets containing one or multiple effects. After you create an effect preset, it appears under the My Presets category in the Effects panel.

Select the clip that uses the effect you want to save as a preset.
Click Applied Effects to open the Applied Effects panel.
Right-click/ctrl-click one or more effects, and choose Save Preset.
In the Save Preset dialog box, specify a name for your preset.
(Optional) Enter a description for the preset.
Select one of the following preset types to specify how Premiere Elements will handle keyframes when you apply the preset to a target clip, and then click OK:
Scale

Scales the source keyframes proportionally to the length of the target clip. This action deletes any existing keyframes on the target clip.
Anchor To In Point

Positions the preset’s first keyframe at the same distance from the target clip’s In point as it was from the original clip’s In point. For example, if the first keyframe was 1 second from the In point of the source clip when you saved the preset, this option adds the keyframe at 1 second from the In point of the target clip, and adds all other keyframes relative to that position without any scaling.
Anchor To Out Point

Positions the preset’s last keyframe at the same distance from the target clip’s Out point as it was from the original clip’s Out point. For example, if the first keyframe was 1 second from the Out point of the source clip when you saved the preset, this option adds the keyframe at 1 second from the Out point of the target clip, and adds all other keyframes relative to that position without any scaling.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby abgtc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:16 am

Works perfectly! Thanks so much!
abgtc

Return to PRE Version 15