They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Newbie lost in the high grass of Pre Elements

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Newbie lost in the high grass of Pre Elements

Postby Shows2go » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi, I am new to this community and still learning the site and protocols. That said, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem which has developed with a very short video I was editing. The video was shot with a GoPro 5 set to 1080/60fpps. The clips were copied to my hard drive. Each clip plays fine from my hard drive. The clips were brought into the assets of Pre Elements 15. At first, the first clip played fine on the time line. I edited it, then brought the second clip tot he timeline and edited it. Then I bumped the second clip next to the first and the trouble began.
The second clip's audio was out of synch with the video. It appeared there was a lag in the video. So, I tried reloading from the hard drive several times, no luck, same problem. Then I tried rendering separately and the entire set of clips(6) and still none of the clips after the first were in sych. Then I tried moving the CTI on subsequent clips to high points in audio graph. This worked for the individual clips but when put together, still a problem. I had the preset option set at AVCHD 1080p60. The I tried starting new projects using the same clips, no luck, same issue So, then I changed the preset to Full HD 1080i 30 5.1 channel out of desperation. I kinda felt this was not the thing to do and I was apparently right about that. What puzzles me is I have never had this issue before, so I am hoping I have given enough information that someone has a clue to what I must be doing wrong? In addition, I stumbled on another issue...is there a way to change preferences on a project without starting a new project? Would I ever want to do this? I am a newbie to video shooting and editing. I have read Steve Grisetti's book several times but I must be too mentally challenged to understand what I am looking for to solve this problem Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Best,
Shows2go
Shows2go
New User
New User

Re: Newbie lost in the high grass of Pre Elements

Postby Peru » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Welcome to Muvipix!
:meet:

See here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSVarfrhr1M
Peru

Postby Shows2go » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:52 am

Thank you so much, Peru! I will give this a try. I apologize for the delayed thank you. Like most folks, I work in hobbies around the must dos. Thanks again.
Shows2go
New User
New User

Postby Peru » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:43 pm

Let us know if it worked for you.
Peru

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:28 pm

:TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Shows2go » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Yep, Chuck, I think you are right, I am running light. Problem is I am not sure I can kick up the RAM on my Dell Inspiron series 5000. And since I happen to live in the boonies, I am going to have to research who I can trust to install the RAM at a reasonable price. Everything works fine for photos but it chokes a bit, well more than a bit, with 8 RAM on the video. The program was using 70% of my RAM trying handle the video preview! Just did not know I was going develop this interest in video. So I will keep reviewing this site and learning, then see where it leads me. Thanks for your suggestions.
Shows2go
New User
New User

Postby Peru » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Shows2go wrote: I am going to have to research who I can trust to install the RAM at a reasonable price.

You may want to research how to find the correct RAM and how to install it yourself:
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ ... 55&bih=708
Peru

Return to PRE Version 15