They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Stars transition

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Stars transition

Postby kabrklyn » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:43 pm

Hello. Can I change the blue color of the stars in the Stars transitions (under Picture Wipes)? - Thanks, Karen
kabrklyn
New User
New User

Re: Stars transition

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:17 am

Hi Karen. Welcome to Muvipix! :meet:
I don't know of any way to make that kind of change to a transition, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done. We'll see if anyone else has any ideas.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:17 am

I found this on the Adobe Website. It is for Premiere Pro but you might be able to leverage some of the information for what you need.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/us ... tions.html

A. Play The Transition button B. Transition preview C. Edge selector D. Clip previews E. Start and End sliders F. Clip A (first clip) G. Transition H. Clip B (second clip) I. Current‑time indicator
To open the transition in the Effects control panel, click the transition in a Timeline panel.
To show or hide the time ruler in the Effect Controls panel, click the Show/Hide Timeline View button . If necessary, widen the panel to make this button visible and active.
To play back the transition in the Effect Controls panel, click the Play The Transition button. This doesn’t affect the Program Monitor.
To view frames from the actual clip or clips in the Effect Controls panel, select Show Actual Sources.
To see a specific frame of the transition in the small preview, click the Play The Transition button. Then drag the current-time indicator in the Effect Controls panel’s time ruler to the desired frame.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chris B » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:55 pm

OK - I only have a very old copy of elements (version 8) but I assume the "stars" transition is the one that is included with my copy as well. This transition has a white border round the stars and some people in silhouette. Someone may have to update my terminology dependent on which version is being used.

I don't see a direct way to do it - but because the edges are a single colour we can use this create a stars "mask" for a transition.

Start by creating a video with a stars transition between two white pieces of video with the same dimensions as your project. Export this video in some reasonably high quality format then import it into the video your project where you want to use the transition. Put a normal star transition into your video then place the new video with a white background on a track above the transition. Apply a "videomerge" to remove the white colour from the video and you should just be left with the stars. You can then apply the image control to change the hue of the stars to a new colour or - as I've done here - keyframe it to vary the colour through the transition.

Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Awesome, Chris! :SS:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Wow, you guys are great :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 15