They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

NewGuy Questions - Elements 15 on Windows 10

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

NewGuy Questions - Elements 15 on Windows 10

Postby Chicago9 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:29 pm

With Elements 15:

What do the two vertical bars in the timeline mean / do?

Loading multiple pictures and videos – If I select multiple items, does Elements load them into the timeline chronologically (based on the date meta data – if so, create date?)?

Transitions – Can you apply a simple transition to all of the pictures and video easily?

View time on pictures: Can I set a 4 or 5 second (vs. the 2.5 sec default) span on a collection of pictures upon importing into the timeline? How do I change the time length on a collection of pictures?

How do you close a project without closing the application?

Rendering – does it need to do this each time you open the project? Does the rendering need to be done in different sections?

I'm on Windows 10 using a surface
Chicago9
New User
New User

Re: NewGuy Questions - Elements 15 on Windows 10

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:15 am

Welcome to Muvipix, C9!

It's always better to ask one question at a time so that we can give you more detailed answers. But that said, here are the quick answers.

1. I believe the vertical bars you're referring to are the beginning and end points for the Work Area Bar.
2. When you grab a bunch of clips and add them to the timeline, Premiere Elements will not add them chronologically or even the order you selected them. This is something that's been on users' wish lists for a couple of years, but so far Adobe hasn't added the feature.
3. Yes, you can add a transition to several clips at once by selecting several clips on the timeline, right-clicking and, from the Timeline sub-menu, selecting Add Defeault Transition.
4. You can set the duration for slides on your timeline by setting the option on the General page of the program's preferences before you import the pictures into your project.
5. You can close a project without closing the program by going to the File menu and selecting New Project.
6. Rendering keeps your timeline playing smooth. But, once you've done it, your timeline should remain rendered until you make a change to it. If this is not happening, something is wrong with your configuration.

Meantime, if this is Jim, aren't you a Premium member? If so, you should use your Premium subscription login. You'll have greater access to the tutorials and media on this site.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: NewGuy Questions - Elements 15 on Windows 10

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:25 am

Welcome Chicago9 !! :meet:

I grew up in the Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City :)

We always recommend purchasing Steve's excellent books on Premiere Elements, you will not be disappointed. Be sure to check out the free Basic Training tutorials too.

http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 18&btn.y=8
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 15