They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Have to render when opening

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Have to render when opening

Postby sadddletree » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:15 pm

When I open our hour long project, even if it for sure was fully rendered and has been saved when it was last opened, the whole thing has the orange line up top and needs to be rendered again before I even touch it. This takes about 1/2 an hour each time and is getting pretty old.

Any ideas why? Or what to do about it?
Windows 10, Intel (R) Core, i7 - 6500 U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Have to render when opening

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:12 am

I know that in older versions of the program this issue was resolved by updating to the latest version of Quicktime. However, the latest version of Quicktime for Windows 10 is version 7.6, I believe, and it has not and will not be updated. In fact, for security reasons, the Quicktime Player component of Quicktime 7 should be disabled and, in Premiere Elements 15, Adobe has made a number of the program's features non-Quicktime dependent.

Dare I say it, saddletree, based on the number of issues you've been having, I think your computer system may be at fault here rather than the program. You're having several issues that no one else is experiencing or is able to duplicate. So I'm just not sure how much more help we can be.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sadddletree » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:48 pm

Based on the multiple issues going on, we had the computer totally gone over by a computer technician. He updated any and all drivers that needed it, including the BIOS. He checked that we have the latest Quicktime as well and ran a repair on it in case it needed that too.

Result - both 13 and 15 load a lot faster. But absolutely no change in the needing to render when you open a file (or the menu issue in 13). He looked for options to fix the glitch and discovered this is happening mainly on Macs. I'm on a PC. But it isn't an unknown glitch. However, the fixes other people have tried - changing the time stretch to 99% for instance, have made no difference. He has experience doing video editing in the Sony program and knows a lot about the inner workings of computers. He figures there is some kind of code corruption that has happened somewhere in my files which is staying with the files even when we try different computers and operating systems.

So - if I am going to continue to use this program, he likens it to walking through mud rather than on a nice path, but I'll still be moving forward. Is it worth it to do that or to get a different program and start from scratch on the 4-5 hour project I still have to work on, discarding a whole pile of time that has already been put into it already? I guess I will try the mud, but if it gets to be quicksand, we'll have to quit. In the meantime, we sure can't recommend this program.
Windows 10, Intel (R) Core, i7 - 6500 U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:14 am

Yours is certainly not a typical experience with this program, saddletree. But if your having the problems you describe, I definitely understand your frustration.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:33 am

I agree with Steve, your experience is not normal that's for sure. So sorry to hear you are still having so many issues :(
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 15