They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Create Slideshow to Beat Markers Issue

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Create Slideshow to Beat Markers Issue

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:02 pm

After Pre15 automatically added beat markers for a music track, I tried to create a slideshow where the stills are automatically placed at the beat markers. There isn't an option to place stills at Beat Markers, but there is the option to place stills at unnumbered markers. That option was not enabled. Confused, I thought that I would have to place an unnumbered marker at the location of each beat marker to get this to work. I put one unnumbered marker at the beginning of the timeline, got lazy and didn't add any more, then I tried again creating the slideshow. This time the option for "unnumbered markers" was enabled. Seeing that the option was ticked, I clicked the OK button. Surprisingly, the stills were perfectly placed at the Beat Markers.

Is that a commonly known issue?
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Create Slideshow to Beat Markers Issue

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:45 am

My feeling is that Adobe had kind of forgotten about the Project Assets slideshow creator. It's still there, but you really have to dig for it now -- and I think Adobe presumes people are using more advanced slideshow tools, like the new Organizer slideshow creator.

Interesting observation, Robert! I'll look into it at some point and see if I get the same results.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 15