They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fonts

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Fonts

Postby AVITRY » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Whew ... I gotta be an idiot. I'm attempting to make a simple text title, how do I get the fonts? It says "sample" on all of them and to be honest, clicking on them doesn't really make much of a difference.

Do I have to download a font package or something? thanks ...
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Fonts

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:16 pm

To add a simple, basic text title, go to the Text menu at the top of the program and select New Text/Default Text.

You can then select fonts, colors, etc. in the Title Adjustments panel.

Part 7 of our free 8 part Basic Training for Premiere Elements tutorial series shows you how to create and edit titles.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 22&btn.y=5
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby AVITRY » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:34 pm

thanks for the reply Steve. Yes, I did that, but when I select a particular font all I see is the font names, with the word "sample" on the right of it. Maybe I'm doing my assuming again, but I would think the word "sample" would actually be a sample of the font.

Unless I'm really losing it, all the word "samples" look the same. When I click on different ones, the changes .... for the most part are negligible at best. Am I supposed to be downloading a font library from somewhere? I mean the list of font names is plenty long, but they seem all about the same.
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:10 am

This is what you should see -- at least on a PC. On a Mac, the fonts tend to be not as distinct, so the sample text isn't quite so obviously different. Are you on a Mac or a PC? (We always recommend adding your specs as your signature, as I've done, so that we don't have to ask every time you post a question.)

If you don't see it, there's something unusual about your computer's configuration.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby AVITRY » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks again for the reply Steve. Yeah ... that's about what I see. Guess I was expecting a bit more. From Adobe Casion Pro .. on down about 6 more fonts, nothing seems very different. It made me think I had to download some kind of font pack or something.

Murphy has hit me with so many lefts, I guess I'm begging for a right. :ha:
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to PRE Version 15