They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

trouble importing itunes music

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

trouble importing itunes music

Postby skip » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:45 pm

I'm having trouble importing itunes music into my PRE 15 project. It appears that the protected .m4p files will not import while the unprotected .m4a files will. I have been using the .m4p for several years now so this is a new problem that I never had in the past. Can you folks recommend a program to convert .m4p files to .m4a files, or some other format that PRE 15 will recognize.
skip
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: trouble importing itunes music

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:09 pm

This used to be a bigger issue, prior to 2009. Apple removed its restrictive DRM from most of its music files. So this must be an older file.

I remember telling people the easiest way to get around it was to burn your song as a CD and then rip the file back to your computer using free software. But that's a pretty elaborate thing to have to do.

Unfortunately, although some software alleges to be able to do it, there really is still no simple way. So we're all glad Apple loosened the reins on its music.

You'll find lots of "free" software online which alleges to do it, but I can't vouch for any. It might be worth just re-buying the song from Amazon for a couple of bucks.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: trouble importing itunes music

Postby skip » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:38 pm

Yeah, I think that's right. It was along time ago I purchased the song from itunes. Now that you mention it, I think I did rip the song and must have saved it somewhere. Probably easier to buy the tune again. Thanks.
skip
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 15