They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

default scale to frame size

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

default scale to frame size

Postby skip » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:34 pm

Folks - I'm putting together a PRE 15 project which includes pix & video from two different cameras (sony dsc-rx 100 v6 and a canon sx 70). All the photos have been processed so that their size is approximately 1500x800 pixels. When I import the photos from Prel 15, they all come into PRE 15 with the incorrect scale, ie, they either way overfill or way underfill the screen. The ones that come in too small have to be corrected by changing the motion>scale setting to 128%. The ones that come in too large can be "fixed" by changing the motion>scale to 50%. I can fix each slide manually with the motion>scale setting but that is tedious and I don't recall having to do that in the past. I read in Steve's book that one should make sure that the "Default Scale to Frame Size" setting is unchecked. It is unchecked on my project. But when I right click on an individual photo and check the Default Scale to Frame Size setting, the photo either shrinks or expands to fill the whole screen.

Is there any way to fix this so that the photos come into Pre 15 and not have to be rescaled?
skip
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: default scale to frame size

Postby Peru » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:28 pm

The timeline pixel dimensions are determined by the first clip placed in the timeline.
What are the exact pixel dimensions of the images?
Peru

Postby skip » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:45 am

The first photo after a PRE generated default text is 1998x1125 pixels. This is a map that I generated from Powerpoint. Subsequent photos have been resized to 1500x844 pixels. Doing some further research, it appears that photos taken in "landscape" come into PRE undersized for the screen while photos taken in "portrait" mode come into PRE oversized. It doesn't matter which camera took the original picture.
skip
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:51 am

If you do have to change the size of a lot of pictures you can change the first picture, then select copy then highlight the remaining pictures and select paste attributes. This is easier then having to go one by one.

SIdd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to PRE Version 15