They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Audio out of sync with video

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Re: Audio out of sync with video

Postby rafadello » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I've removed my e-mail address on your posts. We've learned the hard way if you post your email address to a public forum, the spambots will be all over you. thanks.

Okay, I understand. I assume you received the file. Thanks.
rafadello
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Rafadello, I don't think we're going to be able to help you with this file. At least not with Premiere Elements. This file is 9:16, taller than wide, rather than 16:9, wider than tall.

There are editors out there that will edit 9:16. At the Premiere Elements level there is CyberLink PowerDirector and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. Although the video is also using a non-standard resolution which not even Handbrake can upscale to a more standard resolution. In fact, the original looks as though it was itself blown out from an even lower resolution.

That said, I loaded it into CyberLink PowerDirector Ultimate 18 and output and MP4 of the video and there were no out of sync issues. The picture also looked pretty much as good as your original footage. So that may be an option for you. Download the free trial and give it a test drive. We have a free 8 part Basic Training tutorial available for the software if you get stuck.

But it really might be your best bet.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby rafadello » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:38 pm

I downloaded the trial version of CyberLink PowerDirector Ultimate 18. I also viewed a tutorial on YouTube (How to Synchronize Music and Video in Cyberlink PowerDirector 18 / 17 / 365 Video Editor Tutorial). I spent nearly two hours trying to fix the problem, but without success. I don't think it's worth wasting too much time on this issue because I have other things to do. My theory is that the problem was caused by the trans-Atlantic Internet connection; I didn't have this problem with my other live interviews when the interviewees were all doing it in the States.

Thank you anyway for the tips. I truly appreciate them.
rafadello
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:46 pm

sorry Steve bonehead move on my part.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Previous

Return to PRE Version 15